Lua SW development position in Berlin (high traffic web / RTB platforms)
We're urgently looking for several Lua experts to join a leading company in Berlin working on High-traffic (500K req/sec) real-time bidding systems.
The position is a new role and we're looking to hire 10-12 developers for a new engineering center in Berlin to join our existing team of 28 engineers.
Here a description in a few sentences:
- build media trading systems which are used by major companies like Google, Yahoo, Yandex, Facebook & Bing.
- system is used to answer complex computational questions around probability, data processing and predict potential user behavior, interest and response over which advertisements to deliver.
- system is massively high-traffic currently serving just above 500K req/sec (!!)
- have been on the market since many years with their HQ in UK but with offices all around the world.
- around 30 engineers in this team already and have around 300 developers altogether working on their solution.
- privately owned and very tech-driven (the CEO is not some sales or financial guy but quite well known in the Computational Theory community).
Highly challenging from an engineering perspective, as it requires Real-Time processing to decide what ads get displayed. A lot of parameters are being taken into consideration to decide what content gets delivered (a problem which is essentially NP-hard). Solution is cloud based (SaaS) and work in agile teams.
If this sounds interesting (or maybe you have a friend who is currently looking for work) please let me know.