Lua, Python and Project UpLua

Fernando Jefferson-2

Regarding old and recent posts here in this list about "Python vs Lua" and the like, I believe that one should not cry over spilled milk (I don't know if the expression exists in English).

Lorenzo Donati wrote here: "I'm not saying Lua is obsolete because it is bad, but market forces have (almost) nothing to do with what is good or bad (sadly). If a product is badly marketed there is no hope it would be able to compete (especially on a large global scale)"

I totally agree with him. To recover the use of Lua, we must develop marketing activities, as Python creators did, including through the Python Foundation (python.org)

With that in mind, Project UpLua was created in 2019, whose goal is to boost the use of Lua, especially (but not only) in the areas of Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence (AIoT), still an extremely interesting niche for Lua.

The UpLua Project has already started through two activities. One of them is a course, where here people of different ages and areas of activity, including high school students, begin to learn how to program using Lua. The one minute video (subtitled in English) below shows some testimonials from students of the course's first class:
https://youtu.be/5rwyP9eNPWI.

This PDF in SlideShare presents more information about the project.

https://www.slideshare.net/FernandoJefferson/project-up-lua-200120

I would like to invite all to participate in this project, even if it is just to contribute with suggestions or even criticism.

Regards,

Fernando Jefferson

CCE-PUC-Rio - Professor
Project UpLua - Coordinator
Cel: +5521-99763-2135

--
Você recebeu essa mensagem porque está inscrito no grupo "Lua BR" dos Grupos do Google.
Para cancelar inscrição nesse grupo e parar de receber e-mails dele, envie um e-mail para [hidden email].
Para ver essa discussão na Web, acesse https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lua-br/eed344f68e8397d06ec93683812bb9f7%40inf.puc-rio.br.

Re: Lua, Python and Project UpLua

Fernando Jefferson-2

You could try these links:

SCENARIOS AND TECHNOLOGIES FOR THE 21ST CENTURY

VÍDEO with English subtitles (one minute): https://lnkd.in/dhDpsve

Only in Portuguese:

PRESENTIAL AND WEB EVENT (free, on Jan/30): https://bit.ly/389rFpA

PRESENTIAL COURSE (starting Feb/11): http://bit.ly/PUC-TS-21

Em 2020-01-20 23:13, Paul Merrell escreveu:

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 10:00 AM Fernando Jefferson
<[hidden email]> wrote:
The UpLua Project has already started through two activities. One of them is a course, where here people of different ages and areas of activity, including high school students, begin to learn how to program using Lua.

Got a link to the course? I couldn't find it with a web search.

Best regards,

Paul Merrell

--
Fernando Jefferson
CCE-PUC-Rio - Professor

--
Você recebeu essa mensagem porque está inscrito no grupo "Lua BR" dos Grupos do Google.
Para cancelar inscrição nesse grupo e parar de receber e-mails dele, envie um e-mail para [hidden email].
Para ver essa discussão na Web, acesse https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lua-br/f61334de17af46c69e56438a52839b9c%40inf.puc-rio.br.

Re: Lua, Python and Project UpLua - Correct link to the video

Fernando Jefferson-2

Correct link to the video: https://youtu.be/5rwyP9eNPWI

Para ver essa discussão na Web, acesse https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lua-br/1d485b4bfb5cf88cfc8855f40d5ef7cd%40inf.puc-rio.br.