Lua Discord server

skid man
Hello all, I am new to the Lua mailing list. My name is Coda, and I have found a new way for people to communicate about Lua in a non-dated mailing list format.

If you are happy with the mailing list format of communication, please ignore this message; someone on the Lua subreddit suggested that I post this here.

I have created a Discord server for Lua scripters to come and discuss Lua related topics and issues. It's open to the public (with a registered Discord account) and is open and hosted 24/7 on Discord's server hosting. It's free to sign up and join and had a very similar interface and functionality to IRC.

The invite link is: https://discord.gg/7wu7ZsW

Again, if you are happy with the mailing list format, please ignore this message.

Re: Lua Discord server

joy mondal
Thanks ! for hosting ! will join.

I am worried though , I cannot use the mailing list - but I found the mailing archive to be very useful. Most of what I learnt is through it.

Will there be an easy way to search through the chat history ?

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 2:55 AM skid man <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all, I am new to the Lua mailing list. My name is Coda, and I have found a new way for people to communicate about Lua in a non-dated mailing list format.

If you are happy with the mailing list format of communication, please ignore this message; someone on the Lua subreddit suggested that I post this here.

I have created a Discord server for Lua scripters to come and discuss Lua related topics and issues. It's open to the public (with a registered Discord account) and is open and hosted 24/7 on Discord's server hosting. It's free to sign up and join and had a very similar interface and functionality to IRC.

The invite link is: https://discord.gg/7wu7ZsW

Again, if you are happy with the mailing list format, please ignore this message.

Re: Lua Discord server

Rob Kendrick-2
On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 02:59:50PM -0500, skid man wrote:
> Hello all, I am new to the Lua mailing list. My name is Coda, and I have
> found a new way for people to communicate about Lua in a non-dated mailing
> list format.

Sometimes the classics are the best :)

> It's free to sign up and join and had a very similar interface and
> functionality to IRC.

Talking of which, you'll find #lua on Freenode.  I believe there may
even be a Matrix and Discord bridge to it.  But, real-time communication
as provided by IRC, Matrix, Discord, Slack, Whatever-Atlassian's-Expensive-
Thing-Is™ differs very much in style and approach to the posting style
of mailing lists and Usenet of old.  I value you them both.

B.

Re: Lua Discord server

Ką Mykolas
Don't forget Telegram [1] ;) As I remember there were countless discussions, who this separation might or might not impact community as a whole...