Lua 5.1rc documentation

Pavel Antokolsky aka Zigmar
Hello,
I've found that functions table.foreach and table.foreachi is missing
in documentation. I'm not sure it was done on purpose (as table.getn
and table.setn).

Best regards,
Zigmar

Re: Lua 5.1rc documentation

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> I've found that functions table.foreach and table.foreachi is missing
> in documentation. I'm not sure it was done on purpose (as table.getn
> and table.setn).

table.getn/setn are officially deprecated. About foreach/foreachi we
are not sure :)

Re: Lua 5.1rc documentation

On 1/16/06, Roberto Ierusalimschy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've found that functions table.foreach and table.foreachi is missing
> > in documentation. I'm not sure it was done on purpose (as table.getn
> > and table.setn).
>
> table.getn/setn are officially deprecated. About foreach/foreachi we
> are not sure :)
I know about getn/setn, but are there any plans to make foreach
depricated? I'm wondering what could be reason for it, if so... I,
personally use it a lot, in many cases I find it much more expressive
than an explicit loop. And I do use an expression
"table.foreach(table,print)" for debug :)

--
Best regards,
Zigmar