Lua 5.1 tests: Missing aux files in the suite

Lua 5.1 tests: Missing aux files in the suite

Anton Soldatov
Hi all,

I'm trying to run a test suite for Lua 5.1
(http://www.lua.org/tests/lua5.1-tests.tar.gz).

Citing http://www.lua.org/tests/

> make sure that your test directory has subdirectories libs/ and libs/P1/
> then go to subdirectory libs/ and build the C libraries
> there using the makefile provided

The issue is that the libs subdirectory from the archive does not have
any sources for libs. As a result, some tests are never run (e.g.
tests in attrib.lua that depend on loading lib1.so).

I think that the archive should be rebounded to include missing files.

--
Med vennlig hilsen,
Anton Soldatov

Re: Lua 5.1 tests: Missing aux files in the suite

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> I'm trying to run a test suite for Lua 5.1
> (http://www.lua.org/tests/lua5.1-tests.tar.gz).
>
> Citing http://www.lua.org/tests/
>
> > make sure that your test directory has subdirectories libs/ and libs/P1/
> > then go to subdirectory libs/ and build the C libraries
> > there using the makefile provided
>
> The issue is that the libs subdirectory from the archive does not have
> any sources for libs. As a result, some tests are never run (e.g.
> tests in attrib.lua that depend on loading lib1.so).
>
> I think that the archive should be rebounded to include missing files.

We have added the missing files; please check whether it is ok now.

Re: Lua 5.1 tests: Missing aux files in the suite

Anton Soldatov
Hi Roberto,

It's better now: attrib.lua passes all necessary tests. Unfortunately,
makefile did not work out of the box for me, I got errors like (Ubuntu
14.04 64bit):

gcc -Wall -O2 -I../../ -ansi -shared -o lib1.so lib1.c
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccZDpKYW.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against
`.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC
/tmp/ccZDpKYW.o: error adding symbols: Bad value
make: *** [lib1.so] Error 1

So I backported makefile for aux libs from the 5.2.0 suite, modified
file attached.

--
Med vennlig hilsen,
Anton Soldatov

makefile (774 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Lua 5.1 tests: Missing aux files in the suite

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> It's better now: attrib.lua passes all necessary tests. Unfortunately,
> makefile did not work out of the box for me, I got errors like (Ubuntu
> 14.04 64bit):
>
> [...]

Thanks for the feedback.

Re: Lua 5.1 tests: Missing aux files in the suite

Anton Soldatov

>> It's better now: attrib.lua passes all necessary tests. Unfortunately,
>> makefile did not work out of the box for me, I got errors like (Ubuntu
>> 14.04 64bit):
>>
>> [...]
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> -- Roberto

Hi,

Do not want to sound annoying, but if makefile from the suite archive
does not work, is it probably worth replacing it with a patched
version I attached in my previous message in the thread? Or if someone
could confirm that the problem is not reproducible on his/her machine,
I'd shut up and consider it specific to my environment:)

--
Med vennlig hilsen,
Anton Soldatov