Lua 5.1

Marco Antonio Abreu-2
Hi,
I am new here a I don't know very well about future implementations on
PLua. Does it has any plan to suport Lua 5.1?
Thanks.
[]'s

Re: Lua 5.1

migueletto-2
--- In [hidden email], "Marco Antonio Abreu" <falecomigo@...> wrote:

> I am new here a I don't know very well about future implementations on
> PLua. Does it has any plan to suport Lua 5.1?

There are no plans to support Lua 5.1. Because of personal and
professional reasons, I do not do PalmOS development anymore.

Over the years I have received many requests to open Plua's source
code. But recently I also received some commercial offers to buy it,
and I am evaluating the options. I will keep you posted.

Regards,
Marcio.

Re: Re: Lua 5.1

Dado Sutter-2-2
What a pitty :( :( :(
   .... to see good Lua stuff leaving the free & open source software world
:(

Thanks for keeping it free so far Marcio
Dado

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:47 PM, migueletto <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   --- In [hidden email] <plua%40yahoogroups.com>, "Marco Antonio
> Abreu" <falecomigo@...> wrote:
>
> > I am new here a I don't know very well about future implementations on
> > PLua. Does it has any plan to suport Lua 5.1?
>
> There are no plans to support Lua 5.1. Because of personal and
> professional reasons, I do not do PalmOS development anymore.
>
> Over the years I have received many requests to open Plua's source
> code. But recently I also received some commercial offers to buy it,
> and I am evaluating the options. I will keep you posted.
>
> Regards,
> Marcio.

Re: Re: Lua 5.1

Louis Mamakos
It's not like you've had the source for Plua, and then had it taken
away.  It's not like you've had the binary for the Plua interpreter
for PalmOS, and will have it taken away.

This seems to be more about ensuring some sort of continued
development, rather than something being removed.  I see the potential
of continued support in a sustainable form as a very positive
development.

Louis Mamakos

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 03:06:48PM -0300, Dado Sutter wrote:

> What a pitty :( :( :(
>    .... to see good Lua stuff leaving the free & open source software world
> :(
>
> Thanks for keeping it free so far Marcio
> Dado
>

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:47 PM, migueletto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >   --- In [hidden email] <plua%40yahoogroups.com>, "Marco Antonio
> > Abreu" <falecomigo@...> wrote:
> >
> > > I am new here a I don't know very well about future implementations on
> > > PLua. Does it has any plan to suport Lua 5.1?
> >
> > There are no plans to support Lua 5.1. Because of personal and
> > professional reasons, I do not do PalmOS development anymore.
> >
> > Over the years I have received many requests to open Plua's source
> > code. But recently I also received some commercial offers to buy it,
> > and I am evaluating the options. I will keep you posted.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Marcio.

Re: Re: Lua 5.1

Dado Sutter-2-2
Good point Louis,
   But hard to evaluate before we see the price it would cost us and my
guess is that it won't worth buying it :(
   I would prefer to support Marcio and have Plua opening the code, so that
others could continue to support the code, upgrade to Lua 5.1 and so on.

Best
Dado

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Louis Mamakos <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   It's not like you've had the source for Plua, and then had it taken
> away. It's not like you've had the binary for the Plua interpreter
> for PalmOS, and will have it taken away.
>
> This seems to be more about ensuring some sort of continued
> development, rather than something being removed. I see the potential
> of continued support in a sustainable form as a very positive
> development.
>
> Louis Mamakos
>

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 03:06:48PM -0300, Dado Sutter wrote:
> > What a pitty :( :( :(
> > .... to see good Lua stuff leaving the free & open source software world
> > :(
> >
> > Thanks for keeping it free so far Marcio
> > Dado
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:47 PM, migueletto <[hidden email]<migueletto%40yahoo.com>>
> wrote:
> >
> > > --- In [hidden email] <plua%40yahoogroups.com> <plua%
> 40yahoogroups.com>, "Marco Antonio

> on
> > >
> > > There are no plans to support Lua 5.1. Because of personal and
> > > professional reasons, I do not do PalmOS development anymore.
> > >
> > > Over the years I have received many requests to open Plua's source
> > > code. But recently I also received some commercial offers to buy it,
> > > and I am evaluating the options. I will keep you posted.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Marcio.

Re: Re: Lua 5.1

Marco Antonio Abreu-2
That's it Dado. You and Marcio have my support to keep it on PalmOS.

[]'s,

Marco Antonio Abreu
[hidden email]
http://www.marcoabreu.eti.br