Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
Lua 5.1 (final) is now available at
        http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.1.tar.gz

Thank you very much for your patience during this long release process.
Special thanks to everyone that sent suggestions. They have helped make
Lua still better.

Enjoy!  We can now focus on 5.2 :-)

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Gavin Kistner
On Feb 17, 2006, at 9:10 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> Lua 5.1 (final) is now available at
> http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.1.tar.gz
>
> Thank you very much for your patience during this long release
> process.
> Special thanks to everyone that sent suggestions. They have helped
> make
> Lua still better.

Hot dog!

When can we expect http://www.lua.org/news.html to be updated?

Where can I find an official web page describing the features and bug
fixes since 5.0?

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> When can we expect http://www.lua.org/news.html to be updated?

Soon. We'll let it cold down for a few days then make a wider announcement,
with the site pointing to the new version and such.

> Where can I find an official web page describing the features and bug
> fixes since 5.0?

http://www.lua.org/versions.html#5.1

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Alex Queiroz
Hallo,

On 2/17/06, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Lua 5.1 (final) is now available at
>         http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.1.tar.gz

     I've been using Lua for several years now and I've become
somewhat fond of it. It's nice to see it getting better and better all
the time without bloat and without losing its beauty and elegance. So
I guess this is my thank you for yet another great release.
     Besides, after all these years, it seems that Lua is gaining
momentum to become a mainstream language any time now. I hope so, it
will prove me right over all my friends that use PERL and Python. :-)

-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Erik Hougaard
Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> Lua 5.1 (final) is now available at
> http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.1.tar.gz

This is great news! Congratulations from Denmark !
> Enjoy!  We can now focus on 5.2 :-)
> --lhf

Aahh.. Have a beer first - You guys deserve it !

/Erik

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Ashwin Hirschi-2

> Lua 5.1 (final) is now available at
> http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.1.tar.gz

Congratulations & many thanks!

What an excellent way to close the week [;-)].

Drinks are on me, when we meet at the Workshop!

Ashwin.
no signature is a signature.

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Wim Couwenberg-2
> Lua 5.1 (final) is now available at
>         http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.1.tar.gz

I only just got around to actually downloading and building this
release.  It builds perfectly with Pelles C (under Win98.)  I only had
to turn of "popen" functionality (Pelles C can be recognised by the
__POCC__ macro.)  Congratulations and many thanks!

One tiny issue I ran across: test/sieve.lua uses math.mod which is not
there anymore under the new strict 5.1 rules.

--
Wim

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Lua 5.1 is now official.  The web site has been updated to reflect this.
Enjoy!

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Daniel Silverstone
On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 11:35 -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> Lua 5.1 is now official.  The web site has been updated to reflect this.

Hurrah.

My heartiest congratulations to all the team.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Rici Lake-2

On 21-Feb-06, at 9:37 AM, Daniel Silverstone wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 11:35 -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
>> Lua 5.1 is now official.  The web site has been updated to reflect
>> this.

Great work, guys!

believed to be clean.

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Olivier Mascia
> Lua 5.1 is now official.  The web site has been updated to reflect
> this.
> Enjoy!

Congratulations!
Excellent work and release.
A pleasure to update host programs.
If a new edition of the book comes out I'll buy a new one to show
support.

Yours,
--
Olivier Mascia

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> If a new edition of the book comes out I'll buy a new one to show support.

I hope to have it available in one/two months. (We will also publish the
reference manual as a book.)

Le 21 févr. 06 à 18:32, Roberto Ierusalimschy a écrit :

> I hope to have it available in one/two months. (We will also
> publish the
> reference manual as a book.)

Then it'll be two opportunities to show support.  Great! ;-)
Already looking forward these new books.  Because, support aside, I
love to get manuals as paper-books (in addition to electronic / on-
line / off-line formats).  It's so convenient in many real-life
situations.

Yours,
--
Olivier Mascia

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> Then it'll be two opportunities to show support.

Perhaps this is a good time to remind everyone about donations:
        http://www.lua.org/donations.html

Thanks!

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Taj Khattra

is a pdf of the 5.1 reference manual forthcoming?
thanks

Yes, but it will take a couple of weeks at least.

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Taj Khattra
On 2/21/06:

*nudge* *nudge* :)

any progress on this front...
thanks

Re: Lua 5.1 (final) now available

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> On 2/21/06, Luiz wrote:
> > > is a pdf of the 5.1 reference manual forthcoming?
> >
> > Yes, but it will take a couple of weeks at least.
>
> any progress on this front...

Yes, but we're still working on it. Sorry for the delay.
--lhf