Lpeg Quickref in ASCII?

meino.cramer
Hi,

I am using Lua 5.1.5 on my PC and on my Beaglebone Black and Arietta G25 (both embedded system).
To get a little more idependant from the internet I am looking for an
ASCII (!) version of the Lua (Lpeg version currently installed is
0.12).

Google gives me a LOT of reference to quickrefs and cheatpapers and
such but I couldn't find anything a) ASCII AND b) LPEG.

Is there anything like that? Where?

Best regards,
Meino

Re: Lpeg Quickref in ASCII?

> To get a little more idependant from the internet I am looking for an
> ASCII (!) version of the Lua (Lpeg version currently installed is
> 0.12).
>
> Google gives me a LOT of reference to quickrefs and cheatpapers and
> such but I couldn't find anything a) ASCII AND b) LPEG.

I'm not sure I understand what you want. I can offer

https://github.com/dlaurie/lua-notes/lpeg-brief.txt

which is a Markdown (i.e. ASCII text) document written
by someone who had just learnt the LPEG basics.

If this is not what you are looking for, please explain.

Re: Lpeg Quickref in ASCII?

Daurnimator
On 9 November 2014 02:50, Dirk Laurie <[hidden email]> wrote:
https://github.com/dlaurie/lua-notes/lpeg-brief.txt

Dirk: If you put a ".md" extension on it, github will render it as html

Re: Lpeg Quickref in ASCII?

meino.cramer
Dirk Laurie <[hidden email]> [14-11-09 08:52]:

> > To get a little more idependant from the internet I am looking for an
> > ASCII (!) version of the Lua (Lpeg version currently installed is
> > 0.12).
> >
> > Google gives me a LOT of reference to quickrefs and cheatpapers and
> > such but I couldn't find anything a) ASCII AND b) LPEG.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you want. I can offer
>
> https://github.com/dlaurie/lua-notes/lpeg-brief.txt
>
> which is a Markdown (i.e. ASCII text) document written
> by someone who had just learnt the LPEG basics.
>
> If this is not what you are looking for, please explain.

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for the link, Dirk! :)

Yes, seems to be what I have searched for...I have not read to
complete text though :)

To explain, what I wanted:
Since the embedded systems will become somewhow "portable devices"
(I own no smartphone or such by intention), I cannot access the
internet at any time. And PDF and HTML most often imply X11 or
at least CPU power (or patient users...). So I try to get docs
of information, which I need regulary, with stripped off formatting
informations and (sorry) "eye candy" (read: TTF and such) or in
other words: ASCII (or utf-8) texts.

Best regards,
Meino

Re: Lpeg Quickref in ASCII?

> On 9 November 2014 02:50, Dirk Laurie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> https://github.com/dlaurie/lua-notes/lpeg-brief.txt
>
> Correct link is:
> https://github.com/dlaurie/lua-notes/blob/master/lpeg-brief.txt
Thanks.

> Dirk: If you put a ".md" extension on it, github will render it as html
I have a slight different file lpeg-brief.md there, since GitHub has
its own nonstandard flavour of Markdown (e.g. end-of-line is a hard
linebreak). And there is lpeg-brief.html, which one can get displayed
with a different URL that I can never remember, or download
and display locally.