London/UK Lua users

Justin Cormack

I haven't managed to find any local events here in London for Lua users,
so I think I might have to organise one!

Wondering if there is any interest from people on the list?

I would be happy to organise, was thinking of a meeting every 4-6 weeks,
with a short informal talk followed by a social discussion.

If anyone would like to talk that would be even better!

If anyone runs a user group elsewhere, would love to have some feedback
- people use Lua for such a variety of purposes which makes things more
interesting. But in a city where you can get 16 people to go to a
meeting about 0MQ there must be enough Lua users to make it worth
meeting!

Justin

Re: London/UK Lua users

Duncan Cross
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Justin Cormack
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I haven't managed to find any local events here in London for Lua users,
> so I think I might have to organise one!
>
> Wondering if there is any interest from people on the list?
>
> I would be happy to organise, was thinking of a meeting every 4-6 weeks,
> with a short informal talk followed by a social discussion.
>
> If anyone would like to talk that would be even better!
>
> If anyone runs a user group elsewhere, would love to have some feedback
> - people use Lua for such a variety of purposes which makes things more
> interesting. But in a city where you can get 16 people to go to a
> meeting about 0MQ there must be enough Lua users to make it worth
> meeting!
>
> Justin

Hi Justin,

I'd definitely be interested! I'm in Cambridge rather than London, but
that's no problem, I can get over on the train easily enough.

Anyone else?

-Duncan

Re: London/UK Lua users

Tony Finch
Duncan Cross <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd definitely be interested! I'm in Cambridge rather than London, but
> that's no problem, I can get over on the train easily enough.

I'm also in Cambridge.

Tony.
Trafalgar: North or northwest 4 or 5, occasionally 6 later. Slight or
moderate. Rain or thundery showers. Moderate or good.

Re: London/UK Lua users

Gavin Wraith

--
Gavin Wraith ([hidden email])
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/

Re: London/UK Lua users

Jim Whitehead II
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I haven't managed to find any local events here in London for Lua users,
> so I think I might have to organise one!
>
> Wondering if there is any interest from people on the list?
>
> I would be happy to organise, was thinking of a meeting every 4-6 weeks,
> with a short informal talk followed by a social discussion.
>
> If anyone would like to talk that would be even better!
>
> If anyone runs a user group elsewhere, would love to have some feedback
> - people use Lua for such a variety of purposes which makes things more
> interesting. But in a city where you can get 16 people to go to a
> meeting about 0MQ there must be enough Lua users to make it worth
> meeting!

In Oxford, and interested.

- Jim

SV: London/UK Lua users

Fredrik Widlund
In London and interested.

Regards,
Fredrik

Re: London/UK Lua users

startx
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:01:14 +0200
Fredrik Widlund <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In London and interested.
>
> Regards,
> Fredrik
> Ämne: London/UK Lua users
>
> I haven't managed to find any local events here in London for Lua
> users, so I think I might have to organise one!
>
> Wondering if there is any interest from people on the list?

i am in London and interested.

startx