Linking Lua in Win32

Dave Bollinger
 >> {unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl lua_open(void)}

   Others were just discussing C/C++ name mangling, and I'm guessing that
it's your problem too (at least that's the type of error you'd expect),
try:

 extern "C"
  {
  #include "lua.h"

   Dave

Re: Linking Lua in Win32

Adam Wozniak
> From [hidden email]  Mon Jul 19 23:08:55 1999
>
> I must be missing something simple here.  When I try to compile a win32 app
> with lua embedded in it I get the error message {unresolved external symbol
> "void __cdecl lua_open(void)} in visual studio.
>
> This worked in console apps.  I am sure that I have the lua.lib library
> linked in the project settings panel.  (Just like I linked it for the
> console version)
>
> Am I missing anything here? My program follows this should work I think.

That's a link error of some kind.  The problem is most likely in either
your project settings or some C/C++ name mangling issue.

--Adam