[LUAROCKS] How do I install a rock for a different version of Lua?

[LUAROCKS] How do I install a rock for a different version of Lua?

Dirk Laurie-2
I apologize, but not very sincerely, to those who deem LuaRocks user
questions to be off-topic on this list.

If I understand correctly, LuaRocks 3.0.x has a directory management
structure that allows rocks of the same name for different Lua
versions to present at the same time without interfering with each
other.

I currently have installed:

LuaRocks 3.0.4, the Lua package manager
CONFIGURATION
        Lua version: 5.3

I'm using an application that has a hardwired Lua 5.1 interpreter for
running Lua scripts. I wish to install a 5.1 version of a rock that I
regularly use in its 5.3 version. I can'f figure out from `help
luarocks` or 'help luarocks-admin` how to do it.

Re: [LUAROCKS] How do I install a rock for a different version of Lua?

Daurnimator
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 16:07, Dirk Laurie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I apologize, but not very sincerely, to those who deem LuaRocks user
> questions to be off-topic on this list.
>
> If I understand correctly, LuaRocks 3.0.x has a directory management
> structure that allows rocks of the same name for different Lua
> versions to present at the same time without interfering with each
> other.
>
> I currently have installed:
>
> LuaRocks 3.0.4, the Lua package manager
> CONFIGURATION
>         Lua version: 5.3
>
> I'm using an application that has a hardwired Lua 5.1 interpreter for
> running Lua scripts. I wish to install a 5.1 version of a rock that I
> regularly use in its 5.3 version. I can'f figure out from `help
> luarocks` or 'help luarocks-admin` how to do it.

I haven't updated to luarocks 3.x yet, but I believe it adds a command
line argument --lua-version
So you might try: luarocks --lua-version=5.1 install mypackage