LAppS - Lua Application Server for Microservices

LAppS - Lua Application Server for Microservices

Pavel Kraynyukhov

Hello everyone!

I'm pleased to announce new and rapidly developing open source project https://github.com/ITpC/LAppS

LAppSĀ  is very scalable and easy to configure application server for easy reactive web programming. The main communication protocol of the LAppS is the WebSockets. All Lua applications running under LAppS are not blocking IO operations. There are several type of applications and some API for them, which you could read about on projects wiki https://github.com/ITpC/LAppS/wiki

I'm developing this server alone and I need help. LAppS reached the level at which one person could not do everything. LAppS requires third party code-reviews, quality assurance and most of all community input on further development.

I like Lua and I really regret that Lua is so secluded, when it have the power to be most popular programming language for back-ends in internet.

Im dedicated to further my work on this project until it reaches production grade and beyond.

Please contact me in case you have any questions about LAppS, it's possible applications and ideas for the further development.

With best regards,
Pavel.

Re: LAppS - Lua Application Server for Microservices

Avinash D'Silva
Pavel,

Do the workers directly connect to a client(likely a browser)?
This is what I inferred from the diagram. If not, how is it different from
GearMan or RabbitMQ?

How about using something like gRPC so that we can readily use it with any
language.