Is there any book or document that analyzes\explains the source code of Lua?

Is there any book or document that analyzes\explains the source code of Lua?

孙世龙 sunshilong
Hi, list

Is there any book or document that analyzes\explains the source code of Lua?
I would be grateful if you could suggest some for me to read.

Best regards
Sunshilong

Re: Is there any book or document that analyzes\explains the source code of Lua?

Robert Burke
On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 3:14 PM 孙世龙 sunshilong <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, list
>
> Is there any book or document that analyzes\explains the source code of Lua?
> I would be grateful if you could suggest some for me to read.
>
> Best regards
> Sunshilong

It is not quite what you asked for, but I found this resource useful:
https://the-ravi-programming-language.readthedocs.io/en/latest/lua_bytecode_reference.html
https://the-ravi-programming-language.readthedocs.io/en/latest/lua-parser.html

Re: Is there any book or document that analyzes\explains the source code of Lua?

孙世龙 sunshilong
Thank you so much. It's quite good for studying the source code of Lua itself.

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 4:20 PM Robert Burke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 3:14 PM 孙世龙 sunshilong <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, list
> >
> > Is there any book or document that analyzes\explains the source code of Lua?
> > I would be grateful if you could suggest some for me to read.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Sunshilong
>
> It is not quite what you asked for, but I found this resource useful:
> https://the-ravi-programming-language.readthedocs.io/en/latest/lua_bytecode_reference.html
> https://the-ravi-programming-language.readthedocs.io/en/latest/lua-parser.html

Re: Is there any book or document that analyzes\explains the source code of Lua?

云风 Cloud Wu
孙世龙 sunshilong <[hidden email]> 于2020年10月12日周一 下午2:13写道:

> Hi, list
>
> Is there any book or document that analyzes\explains the source code of Lua?
> I would be grateful if you could suggest some for me to read.

I wrote a book many years ago , but haven't complete.

https://www.codingnow.com/download/readinglua.pdf

It's in Chinese, and base on lua 5.3 .

And , some blogs about lua GC .

https://blog.codingnow.com/2011/03/lua_gc_1.html (Lua 5.1)