Is the cigarette lighter needed?

Dirk Laurie-2
My car had a cigarette lighter. It's not in its socket any more.
I never used it, since I don't smoke. I don't know where it is.
But the socket is still there.

The car's manual says:

This car provides a _lighter socket_, a pre-fitted power point that can
be used by any compliant device to draw power from the battery
whenever it needs to.

But is it _needed_?

Re: Is the cigarette lighter needed?

Jeff Pohlmeyer
Does your car also have a radio? Because this list could really use
some more noise...

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Dirk Laurie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My car had a cigarette lighter. It's not in its socket any more.
> I never used it, since I don't smoke. I don't know where it is.
> But the socket is still there.
>
> The car's manual says:
>
> This car provides a _lighter socket_, a pre-fitted power point that can
> be used by any compliant device to draw power from the battery
> whenever it needs to.
>
> But is it _needed_?

Is the cigarette lighter needed?

Benjamin Heath

There are a lot of things you just can't stuff in that Lighter, and your alternator would probably appreciate it. But do people do it anyway? The answer is, "Yes, of course."

On Sep 30, 2015 10:51 PM, "Jeff Pohlmeyer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does your car also have a radio? Because this list could really use
> some more noise...
>
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Dirk Laurie <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > My car had a cigarette lighter. It's not in its socket any more.
> > I never used it, since I don't smoke. I don't know where it is.
> > But the socket is still there.
> >
> > The car's manual says:
> >
> > This car provides a _lighter socket_, a pre-fitted power point that can
> > be used by any compliant device to draw power from the battery
> > whenever it needs to.
> >
> > But is it _needed_?

Re: Is the cigarette lighter needed?

Staven
On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 07:17:55AM +0200, Dirk Laurie wrote:

> My car had a cigarette lighter. It's not in its socket any more.
> I never used it, since I don't smoke. I don't know where it is.
> But the socket is still there.
>
> The car's manual says:
>
> This car provides a _lighter socket_, a pre-fitted power point that can
> be used by any compliant device to draw power from the battery
> whenever it needs to.
>
> But is it _needed_?

Excellent shitpost. 10/10
liked and subscribed

Re: Is the cigarette lighter needed?

Rena

On Oct 1, 2015 2:04 AM, "Benjamin Heath" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There are a lot of things you just can't stuff in that Lighter, and your alternator would probably appreciate it. But do people do it anyway? The answer is, "Yes, of course."
>
> On Sep 30, 2015 10:51 PM, "Jeff Pohlmeyer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Does your car also have a radio? Because this list could really use
> > some more noise...
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Dirk Laurie <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > My car had a cigarette lighter. It's not in its socket any more.
> > > I never used it, since I don't smoke. I don't know where it is.
> > > But the socket is still there.
> > >
> > > The car's manual says:
> > >
> > > This car provides a _lighter socket_, a pre-fitted power point that can
> > > be used by any compliant device to draw power from the battery
> > > whenever it needs to.
> > >
> > > But is it _needed_?

I wanted to put nil in mine, but it already has a hole...