Is Plua2 bin.pack() broken?

Pal-3
I believe this function is broken. I am attempting to use it in an app I am writing, and I've
used it in previous apps.

The last time I sucessfully used the function was version 2.0b4. (I modified the code of a
program that worked with 2.0b4, and it no longer works).

Also, the small example in pluadoc.htm no longer works.

Thank you,
Pal

Re: Is Plua2 bin.pack() broken?

ygfz4v902
What's the code you're using? I remember trying to write bin.pack()'d
data to a database, and it didn't work at all. However, one program I
wrote saves its state to the OS preferences (os.setprefs and
os.getprefs functions) and uses bin.pack to serialize the data for
that, and it works fine. Now, this program is only saving 9 numbers,
for a more heavy-duty application with lots of data I don't know how
much you want to put in the OS's prefs database.

--- In [hidden email], "Pal" <greenchile505@...> wrote:

> I believe this function is broken. I am attempting to use it in an
app I am writing, and I've
> used it in previous apps.
>
> The last time I sucessfully used the function was version 2.0b4. (I
modified the code of a
> program that worked with 2.0b4, and it no longer works).
>
> Also, the small example in pluadoc.htm no longer works.
>

> Thank you,
> Pal

Re: Is Plua2 bin.pack() broken?

Pal-3
zapguyd,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My new program had bugs, and I managed to convince myself the function was broken
after typing the example in the docs wrong. Actually, I forgot a line of code.

My program is still broken, but at least now I know bin.pack() works.

Thanks,
Pal