Is LuaJIT project dead ?

Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Hello !

It seems that LuaJIT project is dead/abandoned, there is basically no
activity on the mailing list, I reported a bug twice here last month and
once on https://github.com/LuaJIT/LuaJIT/issues/461 and only another
user confirmed the bug but no action so far.

Who is in charge of LuaJIT project now ?

Cheers !

Re: Is LuaJIT project dead ?

Pierre Chapuis
On Fri, Jan 4, 2019, at 10:01, Domingo Alvarez Duarte wrote:

> Who is in charge of LuaJIT project now ?

The situation is not really clear.

There are companies using LuaJIT. Officially I think CloudFlare is maintaining it. In practice it does not seem to amount to much.

There are several forks which diverge more or less from LuaJIT. The most active one is probably RaptorJIT [1]. This fork [2] is also actively worked on.

[1] https://github.com/raptorjit/raptorjit
[2] https://github.com/fsfod/LuaJIT

Pierre Chapuis

Re: Is LuaJIT project dead ?

Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Hello Pierre !

Thank you for reply !

It's a sad thing because it's a fine piece of software with supposedly
working versions for several processors/OS that can be used to help
learn/use high assembler/jit but it seems there is not enough people
with interest/capabilities to take advantage of it.

Cheers !