Introducing Karm

aryajur
Hello Everybody,
      I would like to introduce Karm an application I wrote in wxLua for Task and Project Management. I am not a professional programmer and Karm started off as something I used in my own projects but I thought of polishing the loose ends a bit and releasing it as open source.

      Karm is a easy to use task management system which can be used from a simple to do list  to a highly complicated project management system with lots of activities.

      - Using Lua provides advantages and Karm provides full support to write your own scripts or Macros to customize Karm and its behavior the way you want
      - It is very easy to use, and can be made easier by adding custom commands in the Menu structure
      - It brings a refreshing change from all proprietory task management systems and those open source systems which do not do it the way you want
      - The more you use it and customize it the more it becomes like your personal assistant that makes your life more organized and stress free
      - It is designed keeping in mind to be used for Distributed Task Management where tasks can be distributed to people who are responsible for it and their updates are synced to the main repository and status updates are seen immediately

      I would like to invite everybody to glance at the project either to try it out or even to just see another interesting project in wxLua. Also since many people here are good programmers I would love to get some feedback and improvement suggestion.

      I have created a website for it: http://karm.amved.com. There is a wiki and a forum for discussions and resolving problems that may be useful. The code in on googlecode for people who are interested: http://code.google.com/p/karm/

Thanks and Regards,
Milind

Re: Introducing Karm

Paul E. Merrell, J.D.
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Milind Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>       I would like to introduce Karm an application I wrote in wxLua for
> Task and Project Management.

I did not find any licensing information on the web sites or in the
downloads. Is that information missing?

Best regards,

Paul

Re: Introducing Karm

aryajur
Hi Paul,
            Thanks for checking it out. The code is in MIT license which
should be mentioned in the google code website. I did not think about
putting a license to the executables, I have never done this before any
suggestions on what needs to be done would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Milind

> Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 20:47:48 -0700
> From: marbux <marbux at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Introducing Karm
>
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Milind Gupta <milind.gupta at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello Everybody,
> >       I would like to introduce Karm an application I wrote in wxLua for
> > Task and Project Management.
>
> I did not find any licensing information on the web sites or in the
> downloads. Is that information missing?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Paul

Re: Introducing Karm

aryajur
Hi Paul,
          Thanks for the tip and thanks for including Karm in the next version of the list. I have added the license file in the distribution.

Regards,
Milind

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 14:57:25 -0700
From: marbux <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: lua-l Digest, Vol 26, Issue 55

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Milind Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

>             Thanks for checking it out. The code is in MIT license which
> should be mentioned in the google code website. I did not think about
> putting a license to the executables, I have never done this before any
> suggestions on what needs to be done would be really helpful.

Hi, Milind,

The common practice seems to be to put the license in a plain text
file named "COPYING" located in the same archive directory as the
README file.

Karm will be in the next version of the web page at
<https://sites.google.com/site/marbux/home/where-lua-is-used>.  Thanks
for the information.

Best regards,

Paul