Improve building interoperatibility

Nicola Fontana
Hi all,

I am maintaining a toolchain [1] for cross-compiling GTK+
application for windows on archlinux. I'd like to upstream a
couple of patches, if possible.

The first one (implib.patch) creates an import library on the
mingw target. Credits go to the MSYS2 project: the patch is
theirs. I can't comment on this one as I don't even know what an
import library is... I just know I needed liblua.dll.a later on
the chain and this patch provided it.

The second one instead (strip.patch) is mine. In src/Makefile
there is this line:

    "AR=$(CC) -shared -Wl,--out-implib,liblua.dll.a -o" "RANLIB=strip --strip-unneeded" \

that fails when cross-compiling because the native `strip` command
does not work on host code.

Alternatively, if this is a dummy definition (as it seems), the
actual command can be substituted with `touch`, `true` or similar
inoffensive commands.

[1] https://github.com/ntd/aur-fedora-mingw
[2] https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages

Ciao.
--
Nicola

implib.patch (451 bytes) Download Attachment
strip.patch (599 bytes) Download Attachment