Icons

Jerome Vuarand
Hi list,

I was looking for better lua icons (especially a 48x48 pixels one with
32bits colors), and the few links I found in the mailing list archive
were broken. So I crafted my own, and I put them directly on the wiki.

The direct links are :
- http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/lua-std.ico
- http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/lua-full.ico

I put the links a the bottom of the LuaAddons wiki page for future reference.

lua-std.ico contains 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 pixels, 8bits and 32bits
icons, for 22kB.
lua-full.ico contains the same as std plus 64x64, 96x96, 128x128,
192x192 and 256x256 pixels icons, in 32bits only. It's targeted at
high end X desktops and Vista. It weighs 555kB.

All images were generated from lua-logo-nolabel.ps found on the
official site. All use transparency (1bit for 8bits colors, 8bits for
32bits colors). I can provide all intermediate png I used in the
process if needed.

I hope it will be useful to somebody.

Doub.

Re: Icons

Gavin Wraith
In message
<[hidden email]> you wrote:

> I was looking for better lua icons (especially a 48x48 pixels one with
> 32bits colors), and the few links I found in the mailing list archive
> were broken. So I crafted my own, and I put them directly on the wiki.
>
> The direct links are :
> - http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/lua-std.ico
> - http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/lua-full.ico
>
> I put the links a the bottom of the LuaAddons wiki page for future reference.
>
> lua-std.ico contains 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 pixels, 8bits and 32bits
> icons, for 22kB.
> lua-full.ico contains the same as std plus 64x64, 96x96, 128x128,
> 192x192 and 256x256 pixels icons, in 32bits only. It's targeted at
> high end X desktops and Vista. It weighs 555kB.
>
> All images were generated from lua-logo-nolabel.ps found on the
> official site. All use transparency (1bit for 8bits colors, 8bits for
> 32bits colors). I can provide all intermediate png I used in the
> process if needed.
>
> I hope it will be useful to somebody.

Many thanks. I cannot read ico files, unfortunately, but png and gif
are OK.

Gavin Wraith ([hidden email])
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/

Re: Icons

whisper-4
Gavin Wraith wrote:

> In message
> <[hidden email]> you wrote:
>

>>I was looking for better lua icons (especially a 48x48 pixels one with
>>32bits colors), and the few links I found in the mailing list archive
>>were broken. So I crafted my own, and I put them directly on the wiki.

<SNIP>

>>All images were generated from lua-logo-nolabel.ps found on the
>>official site. All use transparency (1bit for 8bits colors, 8bits for
>>32bits colors). I can provide all intermediate png I used in the
>>process if needed.
>>
>>I hope it will be useful to somebody.
>

> Many thanks. I cannot read ico files, unfortunately, but png and gif
> are OK.

I would also find .png versions useful!

Dave LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA

Re: Icons

Jerome Vuarand
Here they are :
http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/lua-icons-png.zip

2006/5/3, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:

> Gavin Wraith wrote:
>
> > In message
> > <[hidden email]> you wrote:
> >

> >>I was looking for better lua icons (especially a 48x48 pixels one with
> >>32bits colors), and the few links I found in the mailing list archive
> >>were broken. So I crafted my own, and I put them directly on the wiki.
> >>

> <SNIP>
>
> >>All images were generated from lua-logo-nolabel.ps found on the
> >>official site. All use transparency (1bit for 8bits colors, 8bits for
> >>32bits colors). I can provide all intermediate png I used in the
> >>process if needed.
> >>
> >>I hope it will be useful to somebody.
> >

> > Many thanks. I cannot read ico files, unfortunately, but png and gif
> > are OK.
> >

> I would also find .png versions useful!
>
> Dave LeBlanc
> Seattle, WA USA

Re: Icons

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
>All images were generated from lua-logo-nolabel.ps found on the official site.

Something is wrong with the conversion from PostScript: the dashes are to
short, that is, there are too many dashes. Or did you change DASHANGLE?

Re: Icons

Jerome Vuarand
I changed nothing except the colors (to generate an alpha mask), but
you're right, the dashes are wrong. I used the Paint Shop Pro X to
rasterize the ps, it seems it don't handle ps files that well. I'll
try to correct this.

2006/5/3, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <[hidden email]>:
> >All images were generated from lua-logo-nolabel.ps found on the official site.
>
> Something is wrong with the conversion from PostScript: the dashes are to
> short, that is, there are too many dashes. Or did you change DASHANGLE?
> --lhf

Re: Icons

Jerome Vuarand
I've rebuilt everything, and I replaced the files on the wiki :
http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/lua-std.ico
http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/lua-full.ico
http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/lua-icons-png.zip

I used AFPL Ghostscript to rasterize the ps. Here is the command line I used :
gswin32c -g1080x1080 -r72 -sDEVICE=pngalpha -dBATCH
-sOutputFile=lua-logo-nolabel.png lua-logo-nolabel.ps

However the whole image seemed slightly shifted to the left compared
to GIFs on the Lua website. As I don't know postscript nor ghostscript
enough to know for sure where this comes from, I just guessed that the
BoundingBox line in ps header had not been taken into account. So I
moved the whole image 45 pixels to the right in the 1080x1080 raster.
Tell me if that's wrong and how to do the right shift (I guess it's
just an option to gs command line).