How do I use strict.lua ?

John Gabriele
Is the strict.lua at <https://www.lua.org/extras/5.3/> (last modified 04-Feb-2014) the most recent version?

How do I use it?

Thanks!

Re: How do I use strict.lua ?

Gary V. Vaughan

On Feb 28, 2018, at 10:26 AM, John Gabriele <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is the strict.lua at <https://www.lua.org/extras/5.3/> (last modified 04-Feb-2014) the most recent version?

I have a variant that is tested on 5.1 (including LuaJIT), 5.2 and 5.3 and which makes it easier to set for just the modules or environments that you are interested in.

How do I use it?

 It has usage instructions in the README.md:

Thanks!

Sure :-)

Re: How do I use strict.lua ?

John Gabriele
On Wed, Feb 28, 2018, at 2:33 PM, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

On Feb 28, 2018, at 10:26 AM, John Gabriele <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is the strict.lua at <https://www.lua.org/extras/5.3/> (last modified 04-Feb-2014) the most recent version?

I have a variant that is tested on 5.1 (including LuaJIT), 5.2 and 5.3 and which makes it easier to set for just the modules or environments that you are interested in.

How do I use it?

 It has usage instructions in the README.md:

Thanks!

Sure :-)

Thanks, Gary. Will try it out at some point. Also, didn't know about lua-stdlib!

Incidentally, while looking around for strict, I also found [LuaCheck](https://github.com/mpeterv/luacheck).

Re: How do I use strict.lua ?

Charles Heywood
I much prefer `luacheck` as it only enforces it for code you're writing while other external dependencies won't witness side effects (besides, it catches more potential bugs :D totally helpful).

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 4:44 PM John Gabriele <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 28, 2018, at 2:33 PM, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

On Feb 28, 2018, at 10:26 AM, John Gabriele <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is the strict.lua at <https://www.lua.org/extras/5.3/> (last modified 04-Feb-2014) the most recent version?

I have a variant that is tested on 5.1 (including LuaJIT), 5.2 and 5.3 and which makes it easier to set for just the modules or environments that you are interested in.

How do I use it?

 It has usage instructions in the README.md:

Thanks!

Sure :-)

Thanks, Gary. Will try it out at some point. Also, didn't know about lua-stdlib!

Incidentally, while looking around for strict, I also found [LuaCheck](https://github.com/mpeterv/luacheck).

Ryan | Charles <[hidden email]>
Software Developer / System Administrator