Hosting Lua with pthon

Gabriel Sanca
Hello,

My name is Gabriel Sanca. I am new in Lua's world. I am currently using Lua to control a Keithley measurement equipment through TSP (Test Script Builder).

I would like to know if I can use python as hosting language for Lua (or if someone used python to host Lua). Reading the Lua Reference Manual, I saw there is a C API to call Lua functions. Can I do the same with other languages, like python?

Thanks!
Regards,
Gabriel

Gabriel Andrés Sanca
[hidden email] - [hidden email]
https://gabrielsanca.wordpress.com

ECyT - UNSAM
Tel: +54 (11)  2033-1400, int 6158
Martín de Irigoyen 3100
B1650KNA San Martín Buenos Aires
Argentina

Re: Hosting Lua with pthon

Javier Guerra Giraldez
On 20 July 2018 at 14:59, Gabriel Sanca <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Gabriel Sanca. I am new in Lua's world. I am currently using Lua
> to control a Keithley measurement equipment through TSP (Test Script
> Builder).
>
> I would like to know if I can use python as hosting language for Lua

first google result: https://pypi.org/project/lupa/

i'm sure there are others, but this looks decent at a _very_ quick glance

--
Javier