Hi, my presentation

Targino Silveira
   Hi, friend's, my name is Targino Silveira, I am
from Brazil, I have 23 years, I don't know vary
engles, but would like participate this list of mail
about Programming in Lua.
   I know nothing about LUA, and need of help for
learn, I am using one translator and my knowledge for
write this message.
   Greetings for all.

=====
Sem mais vou ficando por aqui.

                Targino Silveira
       http://www.targinosilveira.rg3.net
   [hidden email] => Yahoo MSN
  [hidden email] => Microsoft MSN
          88 3412-2959 / 88 8811-4195

http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/

Re: Hi, my presentation

Adrian Sietsma
Targino Silveira wrote:
   Hi, friend's, my name is Targino Silveira, I am
from Brazil, I have 23 years, I don't know vary
engles,
welcome. one of the fun things about this list is guess-the-nationality ( where are the russians ? )

   I know nothing about LUA, and need of help for
learn, I am using one translator and my knowledge for
write this message.
two things to start with (you may have already done these) :

1/ read the lua manual
2/ read "programming in lua" (buy a copy - it's worth it)

online versions are at http://www.lua.org/docs.html

i would have to say that of the near-dozen languages i have programmed in, lua would seem to be the most intuitive to use.

Adrian

Re: Hi, my presentation

Grisha
Adrian Sietsma wrote:

welcome. one of the fun things about this list is guess-the-nationality ( where are the russians ? )

We are right here, listeining :). Probably current topics are not of immediate interest to us here, but maybe in a month or two you'd wish there were fewer russian subscribers :).

Best Regards from Moscow,
Grisha

Re: Hi, my presentation

Antero Vipunen
Hello Grisha,

>> welcome. one of the fun things about this list is
>> guess-the-nationality ( where are the russians ? )

G> We are right here, listeining :).

Not only listening, i suppose. I'm still working on my Soft Type
System.

I've altered lua-5.0.2 core, and it now supports supports such code as:

function onReceive(Character self, Character c, Item i)
  if i ~= WonderfulStaff then
    i:purge();
    local Character slave = findMobile(3124);
    self:attack(c);
    slave:attack(c);
bind_hook(SlavesMaster, HT_Recieve,  onReceive);

Where bind_hook function checks signature of onReceive, and *:purge(),
*:attack() calls are compiled in special instruction, not OP_SELF.
My altered core includes several other features, not connected with
STS, i.e. what i call `fast registry system'.

PS/ I've called this lua with altered core `galua', because we here
pronounce this in the same way as the name of Galois(famous
mathematician).

Best regards from Siberia,
 Antero Vipunen.

"Our highest degree of knowledge is intuitive, without reasoning." (John Locke)