Help with Orbit

Matt Eisan
So I've been working with Orbit lately to try my hand at web programming (which I've never done before, so you'll probably see a lot of silly questions). And I've been following the example[1] and can't for the life of me figure out some of the stuff here.

I guess my main question is how does web:link work? I've attached the code I'm using, and you'll notice that after you press the Submit button, it says forbidden (for me at least). I've edited my httpd.conf (using Apache) to allow me to use CGI and whatnot, but no matter what I do I can't see to get it to allow me to view that page. I've attached my httpd.conf file in case that's necessary.

if anything's unclear, please say so because i sort of wrote this in a panic. thanks in advance

app.lua (64 bytes) Download Attachment
httpd.conf (188 bytes) Download Attachment
test.lua (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Help with Orbit

Benjamin von Ardenne
The web:link("") gives you back the appropriate application link. It transforms "/test" to "domain.com/app.lua/test". I think you have used it correctly. Try adding another GET handler for testing:

function test() return "Hello world" end
site:dispatch_get( test, "/test" )

I think it comes down to editing the httpd.conf in way that you can also access domain.com/app.lua/test instead of only domain.com/app.lua. Use the above the check your result. I'm not an apache expert but the /var/www/*/*.lua seems strange.
I have something like:

<Directory /var/www/myapp>
<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
AddHandler fcgid-script .lua
                        FCGIWrapper "/usr/local/bin/wsapi.fcgi" .lua

Good luck.

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Matt Eisan <[hidden email]> wrote:
So I've been working with Orbit lately to try my hand at web programming (which I've never done before, so you'll probably see a lot of silly questions). And I've been following the example[1] and can't for the life of me figure out some of the stuff here.

I guess my main question is how does web:link work? I've attached the code I'm using, and you'll notice that after you press the Submit button, it says forbidden (for me at least). I've edited my httpd.conf (using Apache) to allow me to use CGI and whatnot, but no matter what I do I can't see to get it to allow me to view that page. I've attached my httpd.conf file in case that's necessary.

if anything's unclear, please say so because i sort of wrote this in a panic. thanks in advance

Re: Help with Orbit

Benjamin von Ardenne
Sorry, the FCGI things might just confuse. It's not a matter of where to route the request to, it's a matter of which quests are processed at all. Try change the the

<Directory /var/www/*/*.lua >

<Directory /var/www/appdirectory>

and cross check with the simple domain.com/app.lua/test GET request.