Help to connect Lua with IBM-DB2 Through LuaSQL

Help to connect Lua with IBM-DB2 Through LuaSQL

T Poojita/CHN/TCS
Dear Users,

We have been trying to connect with IBM-DB2 through LuaSQL ODBC on Linux machine.

I have edited the config file to make odbc, libodbc* libraries are present in the path :
/usr/lib64/
While making luasql for odbc, the below error appears:
src/ls_odbc.c:23:17: error: sql.h: No such file or directory
src/ls_odbc.c:24:22: error: sqltypes.h: No such file or directory
src/ls_odbc.c:25:20: error: sqlext.h: No such file or directory

Also below rpm packages are found installed in my system, should I install any special rpm for reaching IBM-DB2 through ODBC ?

unixODBC-2.2.14-12.el6_3.x86_64
mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.5r1144-7.el6.x86_64
postgresql-odbc-08.04.0200-1.el6.x86_64

Thanks for your time, kindly share your insights and ideas.

Regards,
Poojita

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Help to connect Lua with IBM-DB2 Through LuaSQL

Scott Morgan
On 01/08/14 06:53, T Poojita wrote:

> Dear Users,
>
> We have been trying to connect with IBM-DB2 through LuaSQL ODBC on Linux
> machine.
>
> I have edited the config file to make odbc, libodbc* libraries are
> present in the path :
> /usr/lib64/
> While making luasql for odbc, the below error appears:
> src/ls_odbc.c:23:17: error: sql.h: No such file or directory
> src/ls_odbc.c:24:22: error: sqltypes.h: No such file or directory
> src/ls_odbc.c:25:20: error: sqlext.h: No such file or directory
>
> Also below rpm packages are found installed in my system, should I
> install any special rpm for reaching IBM-DB2 through ODBC ?
>
> unixODBC-2.2.14-12.el6_3.x86_64

I don't use RPM based systems, or ODBC on Linux, but...

You'll probably need the unixODBC-devel[0] package, which contains the
files to compile against like 'sql.h'

But you'll also need to find a DB2 driver for ODBC to use. UnixODBC will
be able to point you to them (and give support for setting up that side
of things):

http://www.unixodbc.org/

Maybe this:
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/access/linux.html