Has anyone tried to interface the HanDBase API with libkit?

Has anyone tried to interface the HanDBase API with libkit?

bleedineck
I would love to be able to use HanDBase with plua but lack the necessary C coding skills to
wire them up. Has anybody done this who would be willing to share?
Apparently it would be an easy task (;... obviously it wouldn't be easy for me.
An alternative would be pilot-db.
With access to a database, one could do so many useful things with plua. I'd love to see
some kind of solution. Maybe someone who has the skills could charge a modest fee.

Re: Has anyone tried to interface the HanDBase API with libkit?

Marcelo G Huerta
bleedineck escribió:

> With access to a database, one could do so many useful things with
> plua. I'd love to see some kind of solution. Maybe someone who has
> the skills could charge a modest fee.

I was able to successfully access a pilot-db database. One has to
discard the offset fields in each register, but after that the register
information is easily accessible.

Of course, there is a different problem: pilot-db includes information
in the application block (record count and record structure, for
example), and currently Plua doesn't have any means to access these. If
the number of records changes, for example, you're out of luck, because
you cannot update this information in the appblock.

For my application, as I don't usually insert records on the device, I
ended using pdbc to create a read-only database. But that won't help in
your case, I suppose.

--

     o-=< Marcelo >=-o