HTML Anchors in Online Reference Manual

Jürgen Hötzel
Hi,

it would be nice if the on-line reference manual uses HTML anchors like

http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#io.read

Then it would be possible to search the on-line documentation within
editors like Emacs (in PHP-mode i use php-search-documentation).

Is the reference documentation available in other formats (tex, docbook)?

Jürgen

Re: HTML Anchors in Online Reference Manual

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> it would be nice if the on-line reference manual uses HTML anchors like
>
> http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#io.read

It almost does: the correct link is
        http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#pdf-io.read

as used in http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/

> Then it would be possible to search the on-line documentation within
> editors like Emacs (in PHP-mode i use php-search-documentation).

I don't know about Emacs, but can't you change whatever macro it uses to
add "pdf-" to the term you want to find?

It will be available in hardcopy in the near future :-)

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 02:28:08PM -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> > it would be nice if the on-line reference manual uses HTML anchors like
> >
> > http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#io.read
>
> It almost does: the correct link is
> http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#pdf-io.read

Great:  Exactly what I searched for.

> as used in http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/
>
> > Then it would be possible to search the on-line documentation within
> > editors like Emacs (in PHP-mode i use php-search-documentation).
>
> I don't know about Emacs, but can't you change whatever macro it uses to
> add "pdf-" to the term you want to find?

Yes, i will go this route. I just started to look into lua-mode. I will post
my additions.

Jürgen