Got The Book

Enrico Colombini
I received the book yesterday from amazon.fr, but I can't find it on the
French site anymore (and the UK site still says "not in stock").

(to keep the cosmic balance, I also had a big HD failure yesterday)

  Enrico

Re: Got The Book

Francis Burton
At 09:26 09/01/04 +0100, you wrote:
>I received the book yesterday from amazon.fr, but I can't find it on the
>French site anymore (and the UK site still says "not in stock").

Amazon UK sent my copy earlier this week.

Just started reading it - most enjoyable! I have noticed a couple
of what I think are typos ("I author" and "IndexPascal"), and will
make a note of any others that I see. However, my first impressions
of content are very favourable and typographically it's tres smart.

>(to keep the cosmic balance, I also had a big HD failure yesterday)

Bad luck - I hope your backups were recent at least!

Francis

Re: Got The Book

Erik Hougaard
Enrico Colombini wrote:

I received the book yesterday from amazon.fr, but I can't find it on the French site anymore (and the UK site still says "not in stock").

(to keep the cosmic balance, I also had a big HD failure yesterday)

 Enrico
I got the book today in Denmark (ordered from www.amazon.co.uk 16/12/2003) - and my harddrive is still (!!) running!

/Erik

Re: Got The Book

>Just started reading it - most enjoyable! I have noticed a couple
>of what I think are typos ("I author" and "IndexPascal"), and will
>make a note of any others that I see.

Send those to Roberto; he has an errata page:
	http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/book/errata1.html

Re: Got The Book

Remo Dentato
It looks like a mass delivery from Amazon! My copy arrived today, ordered
from Amazon US the 23rd December. Just opening the box!

Looking at the label it comes from the USA via Frankfurt.

Ah! My HD still running (sgrat) :).

  Remo

On Friday 09 January 2004 20:56, Remo D. wrote:
> Ah! My HD still running (sgrat) :).

Don't worry: my number got called this time, you're safe :-)

  Enrico

Re: Got The Book

> I received the book yesterday from amazon.fr, but I can't find it on the
> French site anymore (and the UK site still says "not in stock").

I asked Amazon.co.uk about the book availability. They replied that, to
sell the book, they need the book "in stock" at their US distributor.
The problem is that this is a POD (print on demand) book. Usually,
distributors keep very low stock of POD books (because it is easy and
fast to print more when necessary). As the book is selling at least a
few a day, the distributor never has it in stock. Therefore, it seems
that the book won't be available soon at Amazon.co.uk :( (I suppose the
same is happening with Amazon.fr.)

I can try to have the book printed in the UK too, but that will take
a while (at least one month...).

> my first impressions of content are very favourable

Thank you very much :)

> and typographically it's tres smart.

That was the really funny part!

-- Roberto