Google Summer of Code Lua Projects

steve donovan
Well, it appears that five Lua-based projects did get accepted:

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/projects/list/google/gsoc2011

Nephro,Lua AI improvement - Nephro,The Battle for Wesnoth,Iurii Chernyi
Pablo Musa,Lua Memory Profiler,Google Open Source Programs Office,Carol Smith
pavelo,Add lua scripting to fluxbox,fluxbox,Henrik Kinnunen
sabrina,Support Lua on Xapian,Xapian Search Engine Library,James Aylett
Scotty Smith,Lua Scripting and Shell Support in RTEMS,RTEMS
Project,Joel Sherrill

The second one seems to be of general interest.

steve d.

Re: Google Summer of Code Lua Projects

Patrick Donnelly
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 3:39 AM, steve donovan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, it appears that five Lua-based projects did get accepted:
>
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/projects/list/google/gsoc2011
>
> Nephro,Lua AI improvement - Nephro,The Battle for Wesnoth,Iurii Chernyi
> Pablo Musa,Lua Memory Profiler,Google Open Source Programs Office,Carol Smith
> pavelo,Add lua scripting to fluxbox,fluxbox,Henrik Kinnunen
> sabrina,Support Lua on Xapian,Xapian Search Engine Library,James Aylett
> Scotty Smith,Lua Scripting and Shell Support in RTEMS,RTEMS
> Project,Joel Sherrill
>
> The second one seems to be of general interest.

There are also 3 students writing scripts for the Nmap Scripting
Engine this year [1].

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q2/312

- Patrick Donnelly

Re: Google Summer of Code Lua Projects

Pierre Chapuis
 On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:39:48 +0200, steve donovan wrote:
> Pablo Musa,Lua Memory Profiler,Google Open Source Programs
> Office,Carol Smith
> [...] seems to be of general interest.

 Yes, I'm really looking forward to that one, although I don't
 understand what the scope of the project is. Will it work for
 memory allocated by bindings too? Will it work with LuaJIT?

 Anyway, it looks promising.

--
 Pierre Chapuis