Good forum, good PLua!

Zhang Enwei
I found this forum unwarely when I was searching "PLua" via google. It's fine!

I'm a newbie of programming by using Plua on my Palm TX.

I'm writing a tiny software in plua to help remembering words.(foreign language learning). And I've finished the basic functions of it: View words by list, Add/Modify/Delete words into the word library.

I plan to do more things on it based on the current skeleton.

Before continue to step 2, I hope that I can solve a little problem of plist(). Would somebody like to help it for me?
Q: A simple program with only one line:
    plist(11,32,{1,2,3,4})
    When I run this one-line program on my emulator of Palm OS5.4, it works fine. Except that An error will raised:
"systemmgr.c, Line:4397, Minor error while exiting app: un-freed chunk at 0x00F66990, size 164 (ownerID 2)".
    It was really a bothering problem! I'm not familar with neither of the inside of PalmOS nor Plua.

    Besides, on my palm TX, the program wouldn't exit even when I pushed hard-button "HOME". I have to push "Power" button to exit it.

    Thanks to everybody here. (My mother language is not English. Please forgive the syntax error in my statements. ;))

Bugzilla from ibelcomputing@yahoo.com.mx
> Q: A simple program with only one line:
>     plist(11,32,{1,2,3,4})

It haves only that line? It doesn't use something like:
------------------------------
repeat
e,id,val=pevent()
until e==4
------------------------------
Or like:
------------------------------
While 1 do
e,id,val=pevent()
end
------------------------------
Those loops after a statement will wait for a generated event. Then e
will be the id of the event, the id an identificator of the component
the user interacted with, and val will be returned only by some
controls, like your list: Which table item was selected? {0,1,2,3...}
It always begin on zero.

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Good forum, good PLua!

Zhang Enwei
Thank you for your teach.

I comprehend how to use pevent().

I haven't described the problem clearly. Now re-describe here:

1. source code(two lines of statements):

    plist(11,33,{1,2,3})
    pevent()

2. problems on emulator of palm OS development suite
    start the program, and then push the "home" icon at the corner of graffiti area. Exception raised that "...un-freed chunk, xxxbytes...." by emulator.
    If I click "Ignore" button, launch screen will appear.
    I doubt that Plua1.1's plist() does not free all memory, there is memory leak. The table {1,2,3} assigned to it does not be freed properly.

3. problems on Palm TX.(Real hardware)
    start the program, and then push the hard buttons(four function buttons and the 5-way navi button), no responding. Why the program can't exit normally?
    The only way to exit it is push the "power" hard button. For other normal programs, when you pushed "power" button, the Palm device will go into sleep mode(display closed.).

That's the only problem which bothered me much.

Would you like to tell us the reason? :)

Re: Good forum, good PLua!

migueletto
Hi,

> 2. problems on emulator of palm OS development suite
>     start the program, and then push the "home" icon at the corner of
> graffiti area. Exception raised that "...un-freed chunk,
xxxbytes...." by
> emulator.
>     If I click "Ignore" button, launch screen will appear.
>     I doubt that Plua1.1's plist() does not free all memory, there
is memory
> leak. The table {1,2,3} assigned to it does not be freed properly.

These warnings are expected and do not cause harm to your program.

> 3. problems on Palm TX.(Real hardware)
>     start the program, and then push the hard buttons(four function
buttons
> and the 5-way navi button), no responding. Why the program can't exit
> normally?
>     The only way to exit it is push the "power" hard button. For other
> normal programs, when you pushed "power" button, the Palm device will go
> into sleep mode(display closed.).

I did not understand what you are describing. I did not see this
behavior on real devices.

Regards,
Marcio.

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Good forum, good PLua!

Zhang Enwei
Excuse me.

In a simple word, the program can't quit on my Palm TX. Only "Power" button can make it quit.

I've uploaded the program(source and executable and database, it needs cjkos to show Chinese and Japanese correctly. but this is not essential.)

Thanks!

migueletto wrote
> 3. problems on Palm TX.(Real hardware)
>     start the program, and then push the hard buttons(four function
buttons
> and the 5-way navi button), no responding. Why the program can't exit
> normally?
>     The only way to exit it is push the "power" hard button. For other
> normal programs, when you pushed "power" button, the Palm device will go
> into sleep mode(display closed.).

I did not understand what you are describing. I did not see this
behavior on real devices.

Regards,
Marcio.
wordmem_src_single_prc.zipwordmem_rel.tar

Re: Good forum, good PLua!

Stefan Vorkoetter
Zhang Enwei wrote:
> Excuse me.
>
> In a simple word, the program can't quit on my Palm TX. Only "Power" button
> can make it quit.

Have you tried tapping the menu silkscreen softbutton? The hard buttons
will only do what you've programmed them to do in your PLua program.

--
Stefan Vorkoetter
Capable Computing, Inc.

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/