GUI toolkits

Kenneth Rochel de Camargo Jr.
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to find a lightweight GUI toolkit that I could use with
Lua. I've looked into wxWindows, V, fltk and Fox, among others,
they're all excllent, but I haven't yet found something that would be
an analogue of Lua in the GUI arena, i.e., something simple, small,
easy to implement and extend. Does any of you have any
suggestions?
Thanks for any info,
Ken
P.S. I read the following on the LuaCMD page: "(...) IUP, as other
libraries, soon will be available with a binding for Lua." Any news on
that?
Kenneth Rochel de Camargo, Jr. MD PhD
Associate Professor - Social Medicine Institute
Rio de Janeiro State U. - Brazil
e-mail: [hidden email]
http://members.xoom.com/kencamargo/
PGP Public key available in the homepage

Re: GUI toolkits

Antonio E. Scuri-2
At 10:05 30/04/01 -0400, you wrote:
I'm trying to find a lightweight GUI toolkit that I could use with
Lua. I've looked into wxWindows, V, fltk and Fox, among others,
they're all excllent, but I haven't yet found something that would be
an analogue of Lua in the GUI arena, i.e., something simple, small,
easy to implement and extend. Does any of you have any
suggestions?

   Check the "tklua" on the "Download/add-ons" page.

P.S. I read the following on the LuaCMD page: "(...) IUP, as other
libraries, soon will be available with a binding for Lua." Any news on
that?

IUP is being rewritten to improve maintenance and expansibility. We expect an open and free release by the end of the year.

scuri

Re: GUI toolkits

On 30 Apr 2001, at 11:43, Antonio E. Scuri wrote:
>     Check the "tklua" on the "Download/add-ons" page.

Already did. Fails on several of the requisites, especially
"simplicity". :) I don't think there's a way to get just Tk without Tcl.

>    IUP is being rewritten to improve maintenance and expansibility. We
> expect an open and free release by the end of the year.

That's great news.

Thanks a lot,
Ken
Kenneth Rochel de Camargo, Jr. MD PhD
Associate Professor - Social Medicine Institute
Rio de Janeiro State U. - Brazil
e-mail: [hidden email]
http://members.xoom.com/kencamargo/
PGP Public key available in the homepage

Re: GUI toolkits

Francis Burton-2
At 11:43 30/04/01 -0300, scuri wrote:
>   IUP is being rewritten to improve maintenance and expansibility. We
>expect an open and free release by the end of the year.

As a matter of interest, how big is IUP?

Francis

Re: GUI toolkits

Antonio E. Scuri-2
At 18:19 30/04/01 +0100, you wrote:
At 11:43 30/04/01 -0300, scuri wrote:
>   IUP is being rewritten to improve maintenance and expansibility. We
>expect an open and free release by the end of the year.

As a matter of interest, how big is IUP?

  I can give you some file sizes:

     Windows Static: 560Kb (largest)
     Windows Dinamic: 140Kb
     Linux Static/Dynamic: 110Kb
     IRIX, SunOS, AIX: between 150Kb and 230Kb

  We think that this can be reduced for the next version.

scuri