Fwd: the functionality of the language and documentation

z x

Fwd: the functionality of the language and documentation

z x

Hi  !

 I started a small project in your language Lua, and in the development of a lot of problems, I tried to solve them for everyone from stackoverflow.com, ending with the development of its similar methods/plugins in C# to solve a particular problem.

The main problem - that is not present initially put TCP/IP stack, and very problem work with files (for example to receive the file extension "autorun" in a root it is necessary to write the plugin or to find already ready, in C# to receive file extension it is possible having called the Path method.GetExtension(); it will return a string with the file extension). There is also very little information and examples.

 - Regards, Oleg

Re: the functionality of the language and documentation

Ilya Shchukin
Lua is a small language without a lot of dependencies by design.
The TCP/IP module for your platform can be easily found online.
Not every platform supported by Lua has a concept of file extension. In most cases, you can get it just by splitting filename by dot - the last substring is the extension.

Ilya Shchukin

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019, 8:57 PM z x <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi  !

 I started a small project in your language Lua, and in the development of a lot of problems, I tried to solve them for everyone from stackoverflow.com, ending with the development of its similar methods/plugins in C# to solve a particular problem.

The main problem - that is not present initially put TCP/IP stack, and very problem work with files (for example to receive the file extension "autorun" in a root it is necessary to write the plugin or to find already ready, in C# to receive file extension it is possible having called the Path method.GetExtension(); it will return a string with the file extension). There is also very little information and examples.

 - Regards, Oleg

Re: the functionality of the language and documentation

Frank Kastenholz-2

You might look for a lua module called penlight - it has many useful utilities, including functions to manipulate path names as you want

Lua file system (lfs)is another good tool to have.

Luasocket will get you a fair network interface