On 2018-12-31 5:11 a.m., Daurnimator wrote:
> Thought I'd start off the yearly thread:
> Happy New Year from Australia!
Alle de fantastiske folk på Lua listen ønskes hermed et lykkebringende
Nytår og håb om et fremragende 2019 med masser af lækker kode!
As the new year begins it is time to reflect on what was achieved last
year and plan for the year ahead. As I look back at Ravi, the
following work was started in 2018:
* A new VM written in X86-64 assember using dynasm - this got stalled
because I wanted to make some changes to the byte code format.
* A new parser and code generator was started - only the AST
generation is done so far.
* A new JIT backend based on Eclipse OMR project was added.
* A distribution of Ravi and Lua 5.3 was started.
As I look to 2019, there is much I would like to do - but these days I
have little time to work on Ravi, so am not sure what will actually
* Firstly it would be nice to finish all the work started in 2018.
* Release 1.0 of Ravi
* Incorporate features from Lua 5.4 where possible.
I wish you all the best for 2019 and hope that you get closer to your dreams!