There is a preliminary version of the Lua FAQ at
	http://www.icad.puc-rio.br/~lhf/lua/faq.html

Please send me your contributions and corrections.

RE: FAQ

Bret Mogilefsky
So far it looks pretty good.  As far as I know, there's still no answer
to 4.1, is there?  Oh, one typo correction: distribuition -->
distribution.

Bret

--
"Why, that's the second biggest monkey head I've ever seen!" --Guybrush
"LeChuck's dead. I blew him into a million gooey pieces."    --Guybrush

>----------

RE: FAQ

Bret Mogilefsky
On second thought, it might be good to have a section that explains a
little more about how to use blocks and references.  Also, you should
have a section that summarizes that mail to the list about how to use
the parser's "dots" rule for variable argument function calls.  In terms
of makefiles, the system is so simple that everyone should be able to
set up a project in their visual environment to compile it pretty
easily.  If not, then a simple gmake-style makefile should be
sufficient... Just point them to Win95-specific ports of gmake as well
(www.itribe.net/virtunix would be a good place to start).  There's
really nothing OS-specific about the code at all.  You might have more
information in an introduction, such as the types of applications in
which people have reported using Lua (I would be interested, anyway).

More as I think of it, but that's it for now.

Thanks!
Bret
--
"Why, that's the second biggest monkey head I've ever seen!" --Guybrush
"LeChuck's dead. I blew him into a million gooey pieces."    --Guybrush
Bret Mogilefsky   **   [hidden email]   **   Programmer, LucasArts

RE: FAQ

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo-2
thanks for your suggestions. i'll work on them! --lhf