Expressions as statements

Soni "They/Them" L.
Why can't I use expressions as statements?

Sure, annotation.annotation ^ function(self, target) ... end isn't very
useful, BUT this would be:

game.mod(modid) ^ function(self)
   self.preInit ^ function(event)

(inb4 something about `game.mod[modid] = ...`)

Alternatively, can we extend function calls to take functions?

game.mod(modid) function(self)
end

This wouldn't be as useful as expressions as statements (there's no way
to do game.mod(modid) annotation.typecheck ^ function(self) ... end,
while you could do game.mod(modid) ^ annotation.typecheck ^
function(self) ... end - note that I knew quite well how to exploit ^'s
right-associativity), but would be "good enough" for most use cases.