Equivalent to luabind::functor in beta7

Pierre Salmon
  Hi,

I have a little problem : since the new version of luabind, the functor
concept disappear but, in my program,  i used  it  to pass in parameter
lua function and convert it in boost function (for futur binding) but
now (with luabind::object) i don't know to do this ? (i wanted to use
luabind::object_cast<> but the cast is invalid)

Cheers

Pierre

Feature request : custom memory allocator

Dmitriy Iassenev
Hello,

it would be great if luabind use the same memory allocation function
as Lua, or if user have a possibility to specify custom memory
allocator. Can we expect on this feature in the nearest future?

--
Best regards,
 Dmitriy                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Equivalent to luabind::functor in beta7

Dmitriy Iassenev
Hello Pierre,

PS> I have a little problem : since the new version of luabind, the functor
PS> concept disappear but, in my program,  i used  it  to pass in parameter
PS> lua function and convert it in boost function (for futur binding) but
PS> now (with luabind::object) i don't know to do this ? (i wanted to use
PS> luabind::object_cast<> but the cast is invalid)
I am not familiar with 0.7 version of luabind, but at the first look
it seems like you should pass luabind::object instead of
luabind::functor and the use it using the following template function

luabind::call_function<result_type>(luabind::object,...)

--
Best regards,
 Dmitriy                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Equivalent to luabind::functor in beta7

Arvid Norberg-2

On Jul 3, 2006, at 17:37, Dmitriy Iassenev wrote:

> Hello Pierre,
>
> PS> I have a little problem : since the new version of luabind, the
> functor
> PS> concept disappear but, in my program,  i used  it  to pass in
> parameter
> PS> lua function and convert it in boost function (for futur
> binding) but
> PS> now (with luabind::object) i don't know to do this ? (i wanted
> to use
> PS> luabind::object_cast<> but the cast is invalid)
> I am not familiar with 0.7 version of luabind, but at the first look
> it seems like you should pass luabind::object instead of
> luabind::functor and the use it using the following template function
>
> luabind::call_function<result_type>(luabind::object,...)

Yes, one can also use the operator() on luabind::object, just like
luabind::functor used to have.

--
Arvid Norberg