Eclipse plugin for Lua?

David Given
Does anyone know of such a thing?

The only thing I can find is LuaEclipse, which hasn't been touched since 2003,
doesn't seem to have a proper update site, and seems to be Windows only. I'm
really only looking for a customised editor, so my needs are pretty basic ---
full integration is definitely not required.

Any suggestions?

--
+- David Given --McQ-+
|  [hidden email]    | "Those that repeat truisms, are also forced to
| ([hidden email]) | repeat them." --- Anonymous from Slashdot
+- www.cowlark.com --+

Re: Eclipse plugin for Lua?

Andre Carregal
Hi,

We are finishing the rewriting of LuaEclipse for Lua 5 and it should be available next month. It is still very simple for an Eclipse plugin but we plan to add LuaDoc, RemDebug and LuaProfiler integration as soon as possible.

Have you checked LuaEdit? It's a nice and mature IDE that may be what you are looking for.

André Carregal

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:23:47 +0000, David Given <[hidden email]> escreveu:

> De: David Given <[hidden email]>
> Data: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:23:47 +0000
> Para: Lua list <[hidden email]>
> Assunto: Eclipse plugin for Lua?
>

> Does anyone know of such a thing?
>
> The only thing I can find is LuaEclipse, which hasn't been touched since 2003,
> doesn't seem to have a proper update site, and seems to be Windows only. I'm
> really only looking for a customised editor, so my needs are pretty basic ---
> full integration is definitely not required.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> --
> +- David Given --McQ-+
> |  [hidden email]    | "Those that repeat truisms, are also forced to
> | ([hidden email]) | repeat them." --- Anonymous from Slashdot
> +- www.cowlark.com --+

Re: Eclipse plugin for Lua?

Jim Whitehead II
I've had good experience using SCiTE with lua syntax/api, and found it
to be highly configurable (using LUA).  I can probably drum up a link
if you'd like

Re: Eclipse plugin for Lua?

David Given
On Wednesday 18 January 2006 14:45, Jim Whitehead II wrote:
> I've had good experience using SCiTE with lua syntax/api, and found it
> to be highly configurable (using LUA).  I can probably drum up a link
> if you'd like

Unfortunately, I do all the rest of my development in Eclipse, so non-Eclipse
solutions don't help.

(I'm using Lua in my build system, and would like a slightly smarter editor
for my build files. It's as trivial as that.)

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "...you could wire up a *dead rat* to a DIMM
|  [hidden email]    | socket, and the PC BIOS memory test would pass it
| ([hidden email]) | just fine." --- Ethan Benson
+- www.cowlark.com --+

Re: Eclipse plugin for Lua?

Jim Whitehead II
I've been meaning to check out eclipse.. if the lua 5 plugin gets
released I may have to take a look =)

Re: Eclipse plugin for Lua?

Andreas Stenius-2
Andre Carregal skrev:
Hi,

We are finishing the rewriting of LuaEclipse for Lua 5 and it should be available next month. It is still very simple for an Eclipse plugin but we plan to add LuaDoc, RemDebug and LuaProfiler integration as soon as possible.
Very nice. Looking forward to test this, since the 0.5 version of LuaEclipse had some editor-issues I didn't like..

Btw, does any one know how to start eclipse from a prompt with info of which file I want open and on what line etc? I'm trying to use eclipse as editor for my build environment instead of figuring out how to use my build-tools from the eclipse environment, which probably would be better in the long run, but more hassle to get working (apart from I've not found any way to interact from outside with eclipse..)

> [...]

//Andreas

Re: Eclipse plugin for Lua?

Fabian Peña
LuaEdit is available only for Win32 :-(

but..I remember

  • Subject: Lua Eclipse Plugin
  • From: Fabian Peña <fapenia@...>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:23:45 +0000

Somebody knows if the sources of "lua eclipse" (LDT) plugin are
available in some place ? .
I have serious intentions to make the bearing to linux.

Thanks.

  • Subject: RE: Lua Eclipse Plugin
  • From: "Danilo Tuler" <tuler@...>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:44:32 -0300

Not yet. It will be next week.

Regards,
Danilo

> Somebody knows if the sources of "lua eclipse" (LDT) plugin
> are available in some place ? .
> I have serious intentions to make the bearing to linux.
>
> Thanks.

Danilo ????? :-)

De: David Given [hidden email]
Data: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:23:47 +0000