Documentation for lua_dump format?

John Hind
Hi.

Anyone know where I can find documentation for the lua_dump format? I need to stream multiple functions over a serial connection so need a way of detecting chunk boundaries. I either need to identify a byte or byte sequence that never appears within a dump and which I can add to the stream as a seperator, or if there is a fixed chunk terminator or byte count at the start already within the format.

Can anyone help or do I need to fire up some reverse engineering myself?

- John