Documentation Generation

Stefan Falk
Hi!

Does anybody know: Is there something like doxygen for Lua?

I am looking for a tool to quickly build a documentation site from Lua
source code that does not require to compile it or install anything else.

BR; Stefan

TW

Re: Documentation Generation

TW

> Does anybody know: Is there something like doxygen for Lua?

There is LDoc, which is sort of the successor to LuaDoc:

https://github.com/stevedonovan/LDoc/

Re: Documentation Generation

Stefan Falk
Took me a bit to get it running but I finally made it :D

I was actually looking for something a bit simpler that would not
require somebody to install anything like Lua or a C compiler.

Anyway, thanks for the hint. Looks pretty. :)

BR; Stefan

On 17.12.2016 22:51, TW wrote:
>> Does anybody know: Is there something like doxygen for Lua?
>>

> There is LDoc, which is sort of the successor to LuaDoc:
>
> https://github.com/stevedonovan/LDoc/

Re: Documentation Generation

GrayFace-2

On Вс 18.12.16 3:00, Stefan Falk wrote:
> Does anybody know: Is there something like doxygen for Lua?

Google brings up a number of doxygen variants for Lua:
https://github.com/alecchen/doxygen-lua/blob/master/example/example.lua
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Doxygen-Lua/lib/Doxygen/Lua.pm
https://www.npmjs.com/package/doxylua

I didn't try any of them.

Re: Documentation Generation

Russell Haley
Who would be generating source code documentation ‎for Lua scripts that wouldn't have Lua installed? You don't need LuaDoc installed to VIEW the documentation it generates.

Russ

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Virgin Mobile network.

On 17.12.2016 22:51, TW wrote:
>> Does anybody know: Is there something like doxygen for Lua?
>>

> There is LDoc, which is sort of the successor to LuaDoc:
>
> https://github.com/stevedonovan/LDoc/

Re: Documentation Generation

Stefan Falk
Thanks for the hint!

I'll take a look at it but now since I got LDoc running I think it would
do it. Also it seems it has a better documentation these doxygen variants.

Thank you though for pointing that out!

BR; Stefan

On 18.12.2016 02:11, Sergey Rozhenko wrote:

> On Вс 18.12.16 3:00, Stefan Falk wrote:
>> Does anybody know: Is there something like doxygen for Lua?
>
> Google brings up a number of doxygen variants for Lua:
> https://github.com/alecchen/doxygen-lua/blob/master/example/example.lua
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Doxygen-Lua/lib/Doxygen/Lua.pm
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/doxylua
>
> I didn't try any of them.

Re: Documentation Generation

steve donovan
On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 11:04 PM, Stefan Falk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll take a look at it but now since I got LDoc running I think it would do
> it. Also it seems it has a better documentation these doxygen variants.

That's the nicest thing anyone has said about my projects for at least a month!

Re: Documentation Generation

Charles Heywood
Well, it's nice to know a documentation software has good documentation. :P

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016, 03:09 steve donovan <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 11:04 PM, Stefan Falk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll take a look at it but now since I got LDoc running I think it would do
> it. Also it seems it has a better documentation these doxygen variants.

That's the nicest thing anyone has said about my projects for at least a month!

Re: Documentation Generation

Tom Sutcliffe
> On 17 Dec 2016, at 8:00 pm, Stefan Falk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Does anybody know: Is there something like doxygen for Lua?
>
> I am looking for a tool to quickly build a documentation site from Lua source code that does not require to compile it or install anything else.

I rolled my own based on markdown.lua to generate HTML docs from inline Lua and C source comments and .md files, although it's somewhat reliant on the custom build system the project uses. With some hacking it might be useful:

https://github.com/tomsci/lupi/blob/master/build/doc/buildconfig.lua#L215

Cheers,

Tom

Re: Documentation Generation

aryajur
I am not sure if people have heard about RoboDoc [1]. It is a C program and can be customized to generate documentation from comments in any language. I liked it because it had simple concepts and I could use it for my MATLAB, VBA, Lua and C code. I have thought about rewriting it in Lua so it can be easily extended further.