Difference between liblua.a and liblualib.a?

Difference between liblua.a and liblualib.a?

Wade Williams
Hi all,

Please forgive my ignorance - I'm a Lua newbie. I did search the web, documentation and mailing list archives and could not come up with an answer.

What's the difference between liblua.a and liblualib.a?

Thanks,

Wade

Re: Difference between liblua.a and liblualib.a?

John Belmonte
Wade Williams wrote:
What's the difference between liblua.a and liblualib.a?

"liblua.a" is the actual Lua core, which provides the Lua C API. "liblualib.a" uses the Lua C API to implement Lua's standard libraries.

-John

http://giftfile.org/  ::  giftfile project

Re: Difference between liblua.a and liblualib.a?

Jose L. Hidalgo Valiño -PpluX-
On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 04:02:03PM -0500, Wade Williams wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please forgive my ignorance - I'm a Lua newbie.  I did search the web,
> documentation and mailing list archives and could not come up with an
> answer.
>
> What's the difference between liblua.a and liblualib.a?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wade

liblua it's lua. (lib-lua)
liblualib it's lualib (lib-lualib) --> for coroutine,table,io,os,string,math,debug, loadlib libraries and methods. (look at /usr/include/lualib.h)

PpluX