Datebook /ToDo databases

Ricardo-58
Hello,

I'd like to write an application for a Palm TX that reads the Datebook (Calendar?) or ToDo database, selects the records from a particular category (for instance, all records from the category Deadlines), and prints them on the screen, together with the number of days up to every particular event (i.e. 36 days left to writing the paper, 72 days left to studying for the maths exam, etc.). Do you think this would be easy to do in Plua (I've never done any Palm OS programming).

I've seen that there are some database I/O functions, but I'm not sure how they can be used to read (and write) Datebook and Todo records on the native PIM databases. Is there a source code example with an example of this (reading/writing from/to native databases).

Thanks!

Re: Datebook /ToDo databases

Helton Eduardo Ritter
Hi, I think that no have especial functions to this...

I too, never done any programm, but is a good language to learn.

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
Helton Eduardo Ritter - www.sourcedreams.com.br
Equipe técnica da PHP Magazine - www.phpmagazine.org.br
Blog Pessoal: livehelton.blogspot.com
No mundo da Lua! vonluawelt.blogspot.com
Técnico em Informática - programador web - SETREM - www.setrem.com.br
Bacharelando em sistemas de informação

"Tudo o que fazemos cansa. Feliz daquele que não perde as forças"(Goethe)

Re: Datebook /ToDo databases

eng_vinicius
Eu já escrevi um programa que abre
um memo qualquer, vc edita e salva
e tinha a possibilidade de salvar
como um arquivo .txt no cartao
para ficar mais facil de usar no micro

Se voce tiver interesse, vou procurá-lo
e posso posta-lo ?
me avise
Vinicius Esteves do Nascimento
www.vinicius.eng.br

(por favor, alguem que fale portugues no post )
( vamos trocar mais ideias )

Re: Re: Datebook /ToDo databases

Helton Eduardo Ritter
Yes, if you can... please share your code.

Thanks

--
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
Helton Eduardo Ritter - www.sourcedreams.com.br
Equipe técnica da PHP Magazine - www.phpmagazine.org.br
Blog Pessoal: livehelton.blogspot.com
No mundo da Lua! vonluawelt.blogspot.com
Técnico em Informática - programador web - SETREM - www.setrem.com.br
Bacharelando em sistemas de informação

"Tudo o que fazemos cansa. Feliz daquele que não perde as forças"(Goethe)

RE: Datebook /ToDo databases

Morten Agerlin Petersen (MAP)
Hello Ricardo

Perhaps this could be a start?
It is a quick and dirty Plua 2.0 program that tries to list the contents
of various Palm databases.
But I don't know the structure of the databases so it is trial and
error!

The program tries to read 12 "fields" of each record in the database and
list it as 12 lines on the screen. Using the KeyDown lists the next
records 12 lines.

There is no way of stopping except going through the whole database!

--------------------
--List database.lua
screen.clear()
gui.destroy()

db="ToDoDB"
--db="DatebookDB"
--db="ExpenseDB"
--db="AddressDB"
--db="MemoDB"

f,n = io.open("db:/"..db,"r")
for i = 0,n-1,1 do
screen.clear()
f:openrec( i)
s = f:read( "*a")
if s~=nil then
d = bin.unpack('BSBBBBBBBBBSB', s)
for j = 1,12,1 do  io.write("#",j,": ",d[j]," \n ") end

while gui.event()~=keyDown do end
f:close()