Database library - new version

burkemat
(Finally) posted a new version of my database creation library that
works correctly with Plua 2.0b4.  A Plua 1.1 version is included.
It's in the libraries folder of the files section for this group.

This library provides functions that

- create a PalmOS db with arbitrary type and creator ID
- retrieve the type and CID for any db
- delete a db
- create a non-compressed PalmDoc
- open and write to a non-compressed PalmDoc

The write is really an append.  Improving the PalmDoc handling (esp
dealing with compressed PalmDocs) is in the works.  So is the ability
to create Plucker files.

Loud screams of "I want these improvements" will help spur me to work
on them faster.

Matt

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Database library - new version

bh77a-2
Hi Matt,

Glad to see your libraries updated.  Now that the Mac OS X compiler
exists, I am hoping to churn out a few as well.  Keep up the good work
and.... I want these new features (screaming);).

Brian
On Apr 18, 2006, at 5:37 PM, burkemat wrote:

> (Finally) posted a new version of my database creation library that
> works correctly with Plua 2.0b4.  A Plua 1.1 version is included.
> It's in the libraries folder of the files section for this group.
>
> This library provides functions that
>
> - create a PalmOS db with arbitrary type and creator ID
> - retrieve the type and CID for any db
> - delete a db
> - create a non-compressed PalmDoc
> - open and write to a non-compressed PalmDoc
>
> The write is really an append.  Improving the PalmDoc handling (esp
> dealing with compressed PalmDocs) is in the works.  So is the ability
> to create Plucker files.
>
> Loud screams of "I want these improvements" will help spur me to work
> on them faster.
>
> Matt
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Database library - new version

Morten Agerlin Petersen (MAP)
Can anybody make this work??

I get no further than running;

libNo = loadlib("CDBLib", "CDBLib")

and my Zire m150 breaks down with a Fatal Alert.

In Pose I get the message:
"Plua2(2.0b4) just read from memory location 0x4E560000, causing a
bus error. A "bus error" means that the application accessed a memory
location that is not in RAM or ROM, nor corresponds to a memory-
mapped hardware register."

My Zire is running Palm OS 4.1 and Pose 4.0 - is it an OS 5 library???

Best regards

Morten

--- In [hidden email], "m_agerlin" <map@...> wrote:

> Can anybody make this work??

Well, I can :)  I'm pretty sure a few other people have as well.  I've
tested it on several different Tungstens and a Zire 21.  I've also run
it in Pose using OS 3.5, so I don't think your use of OS 4.1 should be
a problem.

If you have any more details, please post them.  But as it stands, I'm
not sure what the problem is.

Matt

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/saFolB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/