Cubit Kickstarter

John Hind
Check this out guys:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1762626887/cubit-the-make-anything-plat
form

If you are wondering about relevance, try an in-page search on "Lua".

Kind of expensive though, when you can get a full Linux computer for $9 ...

---

Re: Cubit Kickstarter

Nagaev Boris
On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 3:04 PM, John Hind <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Check this out guys:
>
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1762626887/cubit-the-make-anything-plat
> form

This link doesn't work. To get working link, concatenate the link
above with word "form". http://kck.st/1csP8VL

--

Best regards,
Boris Nagaev

Re: Cubit Kickstarter

KHMan
On 5/13/2015 11:04 PM, John Hind wrote:
> Check this out guys:
>
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1762626887/cubit-the-make-anything-plat
> form
>
> If you are wondering about relevance, try an in-page search on "Lua".
>
> Kind of expensive though, when you can get a full Linux computer for $9 ...

Perfect for young and 'old' kids who are in the "I can afford 3d
printers" demographic!!! :-p ;-)

(Good luck to them. Hard to beat Lego at the high end. And among
the more experienced demographic, there is ESP8266... or pick a
long-range nRF2401 if you need >100m range.)

On the last bit, there is a problem with most Linux boards though
-- even Beaglebone needs attention to startup-shutdown. Hard to do
that on applications that can only count on intermittent power.

Oh yeah, there might be a new player soon, a really big fella.
Well, good luck to them too. See the following and connect the dots:

   A new psABI for Intel MCU
   https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2015-05/msg00089.html

Kein-Hong Man (esq.)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Re: Cubit Kickstarter

Jay Carlson
On May 13, 2015, at 11:56 AM, KHMan <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  A new psABI for Intel MCU
>  https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2015-05/msg00089.html

Say, whatever happened to X32?

Re: Cubit Kickstarter

KHMan
On 5/14/2015 6:37 AM, Jay Carlson wrote:
> On May 13, 2015, at 11:56 AM, KHMan wrote:
>
>>   A new psABI for Intel MCU
>>   https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2015-05/msg00089.html
>
> Say, whatever happened to X32?

AFAIK it has nothing to do with X32. Likely just a good place to
upload a file. binutils is already getting patches for this thing.
No FPU though, but looking at their Intel Edision efforts, I
reckon this might fit into the Arduino market segment.

So if this happens to be an IoT play for the big fella, then this
might be a good non-FPU Lua target in the future. After all, their
main leverage is x86 software / architecture / legacy_juggernaut.
This is all speculation, since absolutely nothing has been
announced, but it does look promising...

Kein-Hong Man (esq.)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia