Create Lua desktop application with weblike technologies

Create Lua desktop application with weblike technologies

luciano de souza-2
Hello all,
I really desktop weblike interfaces. I'm blind and accessibility is a
very crucial issue for me.
Using Visual Studio Code, writen in NodeJS with Electron, I released
how accessible are these types of interface.
So I like: in Lua, is it possible to use desktop interfaces based in
web technologies? In other words, can I create a HTML 5 page, with
VueJS or AngularJS, embeding all in a desktop Lua program?
How can it be done? By means of which modules?
I really thanky you for any information.
Best regards,

Luciano de Souza

Re: Create Lua desktop application with weblike technologies

Charles Heywood
I'm pretty sure Fengari (fengari.io) can run in Electron. I'm not sure how well it runs on the back end side of Electron but I'm quite sure the web version can run on the frontend.

Luciano de Souza

Re: Create Lua desktop application with weblike technologies

luciano de souza-2
Thank you for your quick and precise reply!
I liked Electron project, but the most important is the ideia: running
HTML and Javascript in a desktop application, no problem if this
result is reached with another technology different from Electron.
I will see the link you send me. Thank you very much!

Luciano de Souza

Re: Create Lua desktop application with weblike technologies

luciano de souza-2
Fengari.io is really a very nice project. We can write Lua in stead of
JS code. I don't know about performance, but the expressivity of Lua
code talk to my heart.
I didn't expect to use Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer, but an
embeded browser. The result would be similar to Visual Studio Code, no
bar addresses, no urls to type, no screens Firefox like, Chrome like
or Internet Explorer like.
I would like  to write a desktop application, but in stead of using
Wx, IUP or another traditional graphical toolkit, I'd like to write
all the interface code in HTML and Javascript. The presentation would
be in HTML and javascript, but the backend would be in Lua.
If I understood, today, there are two options: V8, base of Chrome code
or Servo, base of Firefox code.
In Javascript, the Electron framework uses V8 to embed a browser. This
is the technics used to Visual Studio Code. In Rust, embeded browser
can be created using Servo engine.
Would Lua have something like that?

--
Luciano de Souza