Compiling a new application icon

abm0000abm-2
I have a little app (my first PLua app, thank you very much!) and I
would like to substitute my own icon for the PLua icon.  I know 'one'
way to do it, but it involves a post-compile resource edit step that
is not conducive to future version evolution.  So my question is, what
is the preferred way to create a pair of application icons (large and
small) and compile them into a PLua (Version 2) app?

Re: Compiling a new application icon

migueletto-2
Hi,

--- In [hidden email], dlee_30068 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> I have a little app (my first PLua app, thank you very much!) and I
> would like to substitute my own icon for the PLua icon.  I know 'one'
> way to do it, but it involves a post-compile resource edit step that
> is not conducive to future version evolution.  So my question is, what
> is the preferred way to create a pair of application icons (large and
> small) and compile them into a PLua (Version 2) app?

If you are compiling with Plua, there is no way to avoid the
post-compile resource edit step. However, if Plua finds an existing
PRC with the same name, Plua will preserve its existing icon when
compiling the app. The effect is that the second time you compile the
same app it will not have the default "Powered by" icon.

If you are using the pluac desktop compiler, you can specify the app
icon on the command line.

Regards,
Marcio.

--- In [hidden email], "migueletto" <migueletto@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> --- In [hidden email], dlee_30068 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > I have a little app (my first PLua app, thank you very much!) and I
> > would like to substitute my own icon for the PLua icon.  I know 'one'
> > way to do it, but it involves a post-compile resource edit step that
> > is not conducive to future version evolution.  So my question is, what
> > is the preferred way to create a pair of application icons (large and
> > small) and compile them into a PLua (Version 2) app?
>
> If you are compiling with Plua, there is no way to avoid the
> post-compile resource edit step. However, if Plua finds an existing
> PRC with the same name, Plua will preserve its existing icon when
> compiling the app. The effect is that the second time you compile the
> same app it will not have the default "Powered by" icon.

Thanks!  This is perfectly adequate to my needs.