Compiled Plua Apps

walsjs1
When I compile my plua app I can see it in the "Applications" chooser.

But if I try to assign it to a button in 'Prefs' it doesn't show up in
the list.  Is there any way to get one of these Plua programs assigned
to a button?

Thanks,
Jim W

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Compiled Plua Apps

bh77a-2
Hi Jim,

I just tested this with one of my apps and can state that it does work
on my Tungsten E.  The application compiled is my graphics program
Illusion with creator id of PLiL (registered id) and type of appl.

It is able to be launched from the default launcher and shows up in the
list fine.  It will assign to a button and launch from the button as
well.

Does your app launch fine when tapping on the icon?  Does it have a
unique creator id?  Is the type appl?  What version of Plua and what
type of Palm are you using?

Brian
On Mar 12, 2006, at 8:48 AM, walsjs1 wrote:

> When I compile my plua app I can see it in the "Applications" chooser.
>
> But if I try to assign it to a button in 'Prefs' it doesn't show up in
> the list.  Is there any way to get one of these Plua programs assigned
> to a button?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim W
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Compiled Plua Apps

walsjs1
Brian,
I have the LifeDrive.  Using Plua 2.0.
My program is compiled with Creator ID 'JWpl
 and PRC type of 'App' in the push button selector of the dialog box.

I launches fine from the launcher.  But in the Preferences app,
Buttons dialog I don't see it in the drop down list

I have a PDA Toolbox app that shows up fine.

I just experimented with a variant of your creator ID 'PLiM' and  it
showed up on the list. Then changed my id to 'JWpL' and again it
showed.   Is the capitalization of the creator ID important?

Thanks,
Jim W

--- In [hidden email], Brian Houghton <bh@...> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> I just tested this with one of my apps and can state that it does work
> on my Tungsten E.  The application compiled is my graphics program
> Illusion with creator id of PLiL (registered id) and type of appl.
>
> It is able to be launched from the default launcher and shows up in the
> list fine.  It will assign to a button and launch from the button as
> well.
>
> Does your app launch fine when tapping on the icon?  Does it have a
> unique creator id?  Is the type appl?  What version of Plua and what
> type of Palm are you using?
>
> Brian
> On Mar 12, 2006, at 8:48 AM, walsjs1 wrote:
>
> > When I compile my plua app I can see it in the "Applications" chooser.
> >
> > But if I try to assign it to a button in 'Prefs' it doesn't show up in
> > the list.  Is there any way to get one of these Plua programs assigned
> > to a button?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jim W
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: Compiled Plua Apps

bh77a-2
Jim,

Not sure, but your JWpl creator id might be used by another program.  If
you have a file manager program such as Filez, Explorer or ZLauncher, sort
by creator id and see if it is used by something else.  As for variations,
they have to be a combination of upper and lower letters.  I don't
remember if there are other requirements...  If JWpL works for you, I
would stick with that variation and go ahead and register it on
PalmSource.  Not sure of the exact link, but I can find it tonight if you
need it.

Brian