Can we please stop having a zillions of topics about JIT?

Can we please stop having a zillions of topics about JIT?

Marc Balmer
Someone is making a fuss about JIT, we have zillions of threads about
JIT now. Can that be stopped?

Re: Can we please stop having a zillions of topics about JIT?

Etiene Dalcol
To be frank I've been appreciating and enjoying all the discussions.
Yes, it can be a little noisy, but it's not like this is a constant thing and I'm learning a lot by reading them.
For the topics to annoy me, first they would have to be useless. :)

--
Etiene Dalcol

Software Engineer @ Red Badger
Lua Space http://lua.space
LuaConf http://luaconf.com

Re: Can we please stop having a zillions of topics about JIT?

Coda Highland
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Etiene Dalcol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To be frank I've been appreciating and enjoying all the discussions.
> Yes, it can be a little noisy, but it's not like this is a constant thing
> and I'm learning a lot by reading them.
> For the topics to annoy me, first they would have to be useless. :)

I've found it informative and relevant. It's been an insightful
discussion of the relative suitability of various techniques.

/s/ Adam

Re: Can we please stop having a zillions of topics about JIT?

Gregg Reynolds-2

create a slack team with a JIT channel?

Re: Can we please stop having a zillions of topics about JIT?

Tobias Kieslich

Quoting Marc Balmer <[hidden email]>:

> Someone is making a fuss about JIT, we have zillions of threads about
> JIT now. Can that be stopped?

All that means is that it is on peoples mind.  It's a good indicator
for what people are
interested in and what their concerns are.  There aren't many feature
requests which means
people seem to be happy with the available functionality.  JIT or
performance improvements
, however, appear to be higher on everyones agenda.

  -T

digging around to find lua on slack. no. really?  but i did find https://getlua.com.  you guys need to get lawyered up. ;)

Re: Can we please stop having a zillions of topics about JIT?

Peter Aronoff
Ką Mykolas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> and yet... another thread for JIT ;)

I was about to say: and here we go now with many messages more about this
all, but in a different thread.

In my experience of mail lists and forums, messages saying “Can we please
not x?” (for all values of x) never go well.

(For the record, I have no opinion one way or the other, but the irony is
beautiful.)

Software Developer / System Administrator

Re: Can we please stop having a zillions of topics about JIT?

eugeny gladkih-2
On 23.02.2017 23:39, Marc Balmer wrote:
> Someone is making a fuss about JIT, we have zillions of threads about
> JIT now. Can that be stopped?

cool, you're started the new one!

--
Yours sincerely, Eugeny.