Can't use extension functions (openfile, p*) in Plua2

Can't use extension functions (openfile, p*) in Plua2

Ed Blackman
I recently installed Plua2 on my Treo 700p.  I can use all of the Lua
builtin function, but none of the plua extension functions.

For example, if I type in "print(pmode())", when I press Run, I get a
popup with:
  [string "text"]:1:attempt to call global 'pmode' (a nil value)

Is there something I need to do to initialize the plua extensions?  I
don't think so, from the examples that I've seen.

I do have plua2rt.prc installed, and both plua2 and plua2rt are in
main memory.  I had plua 1 installed sometime in the distant past.
Could that cause this problem?

_PLUA_VERSION: 2.0b7
_OS_VERSION: 5.4.9

Any help appreciated.

Re: Can't use extension functions (openfile, p*) in Plua2

Berkant Atay
Hi,
It seems that you're trying to use Plua ver 1 functions on Plua2 platform. In Plua2, the corresponding  function for 'pmode' is 'screen.mode'. Please check the Plua2 documentation which you can find in the files/documentation folder. The older examples written in Plua1 would have to be converted to Plua2 in order to be run flawlessly. Hope I've been of help.
Regards,
Berkant.

Subj:  [plua] Can't use extension functions (openfile, p*) in Plua2
Date:  Sat 17 Mar 2007 22:09
Size:  9K
To:  [hidden email]

                 I recently installed Plua2 on my Treo 700p.  I can use all of the Lua
 builtin function, but none of the plua extension functions.

 For example, if I type in "print(pmode())", when I press Run, I get a
 popup with:
 [string "text"]:1:attempt to call global 'pmode' (a nil value)

 Is there something I need to do to initialize the plua extensions?  I
 don't think so, from the examples that I've seen.

 I do have plua2rt.prc installed, and both plua2 and plua2rt are in
 main memory.  I had plua 1 installed sometime in the distant past.
 Could that cause this problem?

 _PLUA_VERSION: 2.0b7
 _OS_VERSION: 5.4.9

 Any help appreciated.

          Messages in this topic           (1)    Reply           (via web post)   |   Start a new topic
     Messages   |    Files   |    Photos

   Visit Your Group   |  Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use       |  Unsubscribe

           Recent Activity
   10
 New Members
       2
 New Files
      Visit Your Group
   Computer programming languages Programming languages Basic programming language Palm computing Computer security
     Cool Websites
 Know a good site?
 Share and vote
 on Bix.com!

  Ads on Yahoo!
  Learn more now.
  Reach customers
  searching for you.

   --- message truncated ---

Re: Can't use extension functions (openfile, p*) in Plua2

Ed Blackman
That's exactly the problem.  I knew it had to be something simple like
that.

Thanks, working well now that I have the right function calls!

Ed