Building wxLua for 64b machine (again)

Luk Pro
Hello,

-- it seems that my previous message didn't pass to the mailing list - not in the mailing archive --

similar topic has been discussed some time ago.
I succeeded partially, but some questions remain.

Having followed [1], I was able to build plenty of WxWidgets versions (Debug/Release, ANSI/Unicode, 32b/64b etc.).
All went OK - it was possible to build everithing via a simple batch.

I was also able to build WxLua for 32b machine - I followed instructions in [2].
The problem now is to build 64b version of WxLua:
I prefer using MSVC, and although I'm able to derive 64b configurations from (existing, via CMAKE created) 32b configs (I can provide a picture of the situation), it seems I should have to create 64b configs manually.
I guess that the manual creation goes silgthly agians the idea that "makefiles" (for various building programs) are to be created from one source using CMAKE.

So - if I want to use CMAKE to build projects (configurations) for 64b machine, too, is there anything I should set in the scope of CMAKE (or CMAKE GUI)?

Best regards,

Lukas

[1] https://github.com/pkulchenko/wxlua/blob/master/wxLua/docs/install.md#23---build-using-msvc-nmake
[2] https://github.com/pkulchenko/wxlua/blob/master/wxLua/docs/install.md#4---building-wxlua[https://github.com/pkulchenko/wxlua/blob/master/wxLua/docs/install.md#4---building-wxlua]

[1] https://github.com/pkulchenko/wxlua/blob/master/wxLua/docs/install.md#23---build-using-msvc-nmake
[2] https://github.com/pkulchenko/wxlua/blob/master/wxLua/docs/install.md#4---building-wxlua[https://github.com/pkulchenko/wxlua/blob/master/wxLua/docs/install.md#4---building-wxlua]

Re: Building wxLua for 64b machine (again)

decuant

I use Cmake Gui to build wxLua and at the very start the second listbox gives you the option to select which one is the target platform.

Obviously you would select x64.

After that the Cmake application should select the correct compiler, which is amd64, and select the /machinetype x64 for the linker.

It might be that I don't understand your question because it is simple as this.

Here are both 32 and 64 bits releases, which is a proof of what I'm saying    https://github.com/decuant/wxLua542Win10

An OT would be to have an answer why I have always to create manually this entry CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE, but it is an OT...

Please reply again if I have missed the point.

Regards

​----------------------------------
Antonio de Curtis

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

Re: Building wxLua for 64b machine (again)

Luk Pro
Hello Antonio,

thanks a lot for the answer - that's exactly what I was looking for (and sorry for simplicity of the question - I'm not very familiar with CMAKE and I overlooked the option).

The WxLua x64 builds are perfect, although I still need to build 64b with Lua 5.1.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Lukas