Bluetooth communication with Plua 2 and beta seven

Bluetooth communication with Plua 2 and beta seven

abm0000abm-2
First:
The Plua 2 documentation is very brief. The power Plua2 is more bigger.
I am looking for some documentation about io.open function.
After very long experimenting I have discovered that the communication
over BT is possible, for example using

io.open("srm:/rfcm/9600/8N1","r")

for listening any NMEA GPS BT module. Will be the exact documentation
available with Plua?

Second:
I have reported the problem with multirows gui fields in beta six. The
answer was (June 2006) that it will be repaired in next beta. But it
lasted two months and still is the last beta 6 (Jun 11) the last beta.
This problem is so serious for me, that I am still using beta 5 - that
means that I am not beta six tester.
When will be next beta seven?
Thanks.

Petr Coupek ([hidden email])

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Bluetooth communication with Plua 2 and beta seven

David Brady-3
chmuraw3c wrote:
> This problem is so serious for me, that I am still using beta 5 - that
> means that I am not beta six tester.
> When will be next beta seven?

I second this feeling. Without bitmask operations in buffer.put, I
cannot do 2D graphics beyond very light work; with no text wrapping in
field I am unable to do more than trivial text output. I want to help
out with the beta testing, but even more what I want to do is write cool
apps with plua, and I haven't touched (or tested) plua in weeks because
the UI code has me stopped cold.

I'm not complaining... I love plua. I have a project right now that I am
writing for my friends, and I'm too busy with work to finish it for
them, even though it is costing their business money, so I really
understand when Marcio says he's too busy to stabilize and release the
next beta.

But yeah, I really, really want the next version. :-)  Right now plua
isn't getting the use, or the testing, it needs.

Here's hoping for beta 7 soon,

-dB

--
David Brady

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Bluetooth communication with Plua 2 and beta seven

migueletto

> I am looking for some documentation about io.open function.

> Will be the exact documentation available with Plua?

It is not possible to document all uses of io.open. With the "srm"
prefix you can open *any* I/O device supported by the Serial Manager.
You gave an example of opening a BT GPS, but Plua does not know
anything about BT, GPS, or NMEA ! It simply opens whatever device is
requested by the user.

> When will be next beta seven?

I am sorry for the problems with 2.0b6. Right now I do not have the
time to work on Plua, so I can not say when the next release will be
ready.

Regards,
Marcio.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Bluetooth communication with Plua 2 and beta seven

chmuraw3c
Ok, I am sorry . Please, do not worry. I am satisfied with Plua 2b05.
It is a great software, no discussion. The 2.0b6 communicate with
SrcEdit, 2.0b5 does not. But I am using the  McPhling utility for
swich the documentation ,Plua engine and Source editor. I am satisfied
with Beta five. It is a great software.
    There is also one minor - sized problem with long numerical
constants in Plua source. If they exceeded mathlib.prc scale, they are
wrong processed. (try
 a=3.1415926358979 b=math.pi print(a,b) ).