Any way to insert a "?

berrdolagas
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Any way to insert a "?

Mike Higgins-2
Like most scripting languages, Lua understands \"  inside a string to mean "put a double quote here without ending the  string". Like many languages, it also allows you to use single quotes  to enclose doubles.

  print ("this \" works")
  print ('so does " this' )

berrdolagas <[hidden email]> wrote:          Hi! For HTML codes i need to insert something like:

  pinserttext(text,"   <font color="#000000">   ")
  When i put on the code, the mid " closes the string and the second one
  opens another! How to insert a "?

---------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

RE: Any way to insert a "?

Emil Tchekov-3

> opens another! How to insert a "?

I have solved this with splitting of the string and
concatenating with strchar(34):

"   <font
color="..strchar(34).."#000000"..strchar(34)..">   "

(not so pretty, but works)

Regards

Emil Tchekov

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Any way to insert a "?

Grey Knight
berrdolagas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi! For HTML codes i need to insert something like:
>
>   pinserttext(text,"   <font color="#000000">   ")
>   When i put on the code, the mid " closes the string and the
>   second one opens another! How to insert a "?

For this specific purpose, note that HTML allows you to use ' as a
string delimiter too. So you could use:

    pinserttext(text, "   <font color='#000000'>   ")

God bless,
The Grey Knight
[ greyfire island ] :: http://www.greyfire.org

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Any way to insert a "?

Gert-4
--- In [hidden email], Grey Knight <greyknight3@...> wrote:

> berrdolagas <berrdolagas@...> wrote:
> > Hi! For HTML codes i need to insert something like:
> >
> >   pinserttext(text,"   <font color="#000000">   ")
> >   When i put on the code, the mid " closes the string and the
> >   second one opens another! How to insert a "?
> >
> For this specific purpose, note that HTML allows you to use ' as a
> string delimiter too. So you could use:
>
>     pinserttext(text, "   <font color='#000000'>   ")
>

> God bless,
> The Grey Knight
> [ greyfire island ] :: http://www.greyfire.org

> http://mail.yahoo.com